Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

cavedog

Honorary Master
Baconfeet emby serve works so well for anything 1080p or lower on the lit box. Really enjoying it better than any iptv service.

cavedog

Honorary Master
What is this? Like a kodi repo?
Nah. Like a plex server but Emby instead. Basically everything plex does but just named emby. $10 per month gives you access to their 755TB emby server with tons of content and all served via Cloudflare local servers. :)

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Found a Telkom store with stock. R1100. Looks like new version. SDTVB1C0303. Supports voice search. But sales oke says you have to sideload Netflix? @Dolby does this sound like a confused sales guy? New models comes with Netflix yes?

CUDlybunny

Expert Member
Found a Telkom store with stock. R1100. Looks like new version. SDTVB1C0303. Supports voice search. But sales oke says you have to sideload Netflix? @Dolby does this sound like a confused sales guy? New models comes with Netflix yes?
Yeah already comes loaded on. Remote has a dedicated Netflix button lol.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Yup - confused guy ... C03 will have Android 8.0 / Netflix from the box :)

PDF_27

Which store?

Sirus_the_virus

Telkom says I need a receipt to return faulty lit box. Can they not pick it up on the system?
Was purchased in December 2018.

cavedog

Honorary Master
What is a GOOD IPTV app??
Paid or free service?

Paid I would recommend Baconfeet.com You install emby android app on the tv and signup for a free emby account which you link your $10 baconfeet account too. Tons of content.

If you want IPTV the network24.biz is a pretty decent paid IPTV service.

shearder

Paid or free service?

Paid I would recommend Baconfeet.com You install emby android app on the tv and signup for a free emby account which you link your $10 baconfeet account too. Tons of content.

If you want IPTV the network24.biz is a pretty decent paid IPTV service.
Thanks a mil. Inhave a couple of paid options I.e showmax and Netflix but can be limiting. I will try those