Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

Joosd

Have anyone else tried using HDMI CEC, where the litbox is controlled with the tv remote, without using an extended IR cable.

Dolby

Honorary Master
I received my Ematic today. So far so good. I will set it up properly next week
Nice - let us know!

Maybe you can start a new thread (Ematic AGT419 Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread) so we can keep the two threads apart? Being a new box (and you having one of the first units), you may get direct queries which you could miss in thread.

Reactions: Yuu

Akirky

Expert Member
Nice - let us know!

Maybe you can start a new thread (Ematic AGT419 Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread) so we can keep the two threads apart? Being a new box (and you having one of the first units), you may get direct queries which you could miss in thread.
Will do.

ADRAM3L3CH

Have anyone else tried using HDMI CEC, where the litbox is controlled with the tv remote, without using an extended IR cable.
Works on my LG TV, no issues but I prefer using the voice search on the supplied remote.

Zyk1

Expert Member
Just bought the Telkom LIT box today.
I know there were stock issues. The Telkom store at Fourways Crossing have a few more left.
Will plug this in today and report back with any issues.
Price still at R1099.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
I see SDMC already has the DV8219 running on Android 9, Pie. @Nology @ dolby.
https://en.sdmctech.com/product/android-tv_154.html
It would be interesting to know if/when we can expect them to bring this to the Litbox?

I saw in youtube reviews of the US version of the Ematic box that it's based on the DV8235 box from SDMC. Also available on Android 9.

Last edited:

Nology

Nology
Company Rep
I see SDMC already has the DV8219 running on Android 9, Pie. @Nology @ dolby.
https://en.sdmctech.com/product/android-tv_154.html
It would be interesting to know if/when we can expect them to bring this to the Litbox?

I saw on youtube on reviews on the US version of the Ematic box that it's based on the DV8235 box from SDMC. Also available on Android 9.
I can't confirm yet unfortunately. This community will be notified as soon as we have any developments in this regard.

Superjakes

Expert Member
Yea the LIT remote has been changed three times over the time it's been out ... think it was first the 2.4Ghz dongle , and then IR remote, and finally the Bluetooth.

All the LIT models (aside from the very first A06) have Bluetooth, so on all of them you still buy the proper Bluetooth remote if you didn't get it.

They all have IR windows as well
Checked this morning - I have an A11, pretty sure that little remote is not bluetooth...

Dolby

Honorary Master
Ah - ok.

Sorry ... I'm wrong then at which point the LIT got the Bluetooth. The IR obviously went on much longer than I thought ..

The semi good news is that you can buy it additional :/

Akirky

Expert Member
Ah - ok.

Sorry ... I'm wrong then at which point the LIT got the Bluetooth. The IR obviously went on much longer than I thought ..

The semi good news is that you can buy it additional :/
I have an A11, and I tried the new Ematic remote and it worked normally, but had to pair Bluetooth to get voice working.

Zyk1

Expert Member
Very impressed with the LIT.
Extremely easy to install. Basically plug and play.
Nice user interface and fast.
My kid very happy that she can use the Youtube Kids app (could not get this on the kwese play)

shearder

I have 2 LIT and a third MXQ4K or something i think. I want another LIT. yeah there are others but i am happier with 1100 than paying 1400 etc for the same functionality i need. IN fact that MXQ was likr R500 and still works great with the exception of DSTV now - which needs a google certified device - which i don't care for anyway

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
I have 2 LIT and a third MXQ4K or something i think. I want another LIT. yeah there are others but i am happier with 1100 than paying 1400 etc for the same functionality i need. IN fact that MXQ was likr R500 and still works great with the exception of DSTV now - which needs a google certified device - which i don't care for anyway
Doesnt Netflix also need to be Google certified?

shearder

Inhave Netflix and Showmax on the MXQ no issue. In fact BETTER lol because if I run the vpn then inget us only shows on the Netflix. BUT it is version 4 something so doesn't have all the fancy security stuff