Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
I see the Play Store UI has changed somewhat. Found a new app on there called Torentium. Looks like a torrent streamer. Anyone using this? I tried opening a torrent file but it looks like the app expects you to have Real Debrid premium account before it works. Or am I missing something? Somebody else wanna try this on your Litbox?

If I can get this to work it will be super easy to download torrent link file and share to this app on Litbox for easy direct streaming.

Reactions: Yuu

shearder

So I was going to buy the Ematic box today from Takealot for R1099 as I saw on Wednesday. So I login and guess what, BLACK FRIDAY YAYYYYY now its R1299 and shows it WAS R1499!! WOW HOW AWESOME Takealot for thinking you customers are fools and so ripping them new holes is the plan

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Anyone got a 64GB SD card working on their Litbox?

If it's true that Litbox will soon be updated to Android TV 9.0 which will enable full SD card functionality again..then I am seriously considering getting a high speed (UHS class 3) micro SD for using my Litbox for....erm....content downloads (ARRRR!!).

Tinuva

The Magician
So I was going to buy the Ematic box today from Takealot for R1099 as I saw on Wednesday. So I login and guess what, BLACK FRIDAY YAYYYYY now its R1299 and shows it WAS R1499!! WOW HOW AWESOME Takealot for thinking you customers are fools and so ripping them new holes is the plan
Looks like you correct. It was selling R1099 for only just little over a month.

R4m80

Looks like you correct. It was selling R1099 for only just little over a month.
It was R1099 this morning at 6 am still. Prices keep on changing. Wanted to get a Keter storage box. Went from R769 this morning to R989 now.

• Sad

KobusL

Anyone got a 64GB SD card working on their Litbox?

If it's true that Litbox will soon be updated to Android TV 9.0 which will enable full SD card functionality again..then I am seriously considering getting a high speed (UHS class 3) micro SD for using my Litbox for....erm....content downloads (ARRRR!!).
I have 64 GB microSD cards in both my LIT boxes since I got them.

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
What does that mean ?
What was limited on Android 8?
The size it can read ?
No, Android 8 disabled downloads to USB & SD Cards which worked on previous version 7. On Android 9 it was fixed again. If you wanted to use SD as storage on ver 8 your only option was to format it and let the system use it as internal storage.

Dolby

Honorary Master
No, Android 8 disabled downloads to USB & SD Cards which worked on previous version 7. On Android 9 it was fixed again. If you wanted to use SD as storage on ver 8 your only option was to format it and let the system use it as internal storage.
Oh so this is related to the read access mentioned in the other thread ?

SeRpEnT

Expert Member
Oh so this is related to the read access mentioned in the other thread ?
Yup.
Which is why I cannot wait for Nology to bring Android 9 to the Litbox fast enough..
Then I should be able to d/l directly to my 2TB USB external HDD....where right now when I want to d/l *cough*Mandalorian*cough* I have to do it on my phone and then save file to cloud storage and then copy file from cloud to internal Lit storage via Xplor app. Bit of a schlep.