Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

rodga

Executive Member
Thanks mate. I think I am close to them in Johannesburg. Waiting for response and address. Take it in Monday hopefully. The lack of a ROM download makes this issue a headache as they don't share it.
They are in Centurion

Icemanbrfc

Honorary Master
The Google assistant keeps on saying "sorry I can't do that on this device"
Just asked it to play some music.
Should you change region?
Also where do you set region settings?
My Google Assistant not responding at all... Will wake up, but not detect what you saying at all.

IceQB

Expert Member
She works fine my side, just need to change Fahrenheit to Celcius & get her to detect my Spotify then she's golden

patrick123

Expert Member
Yes I do.. Just stopped working. If I press the assistant button, ask for something, but nothing.
Check that the remote is still paired via bluetooth.

Your Ematic AGT419 will prompt you to pair your Bluetooth remote on the initial setup. However, in the occurrence that it unpairs, simply go to Settings > Add Accessory and place the remote in pairing mode by pressing OK + Volume down together. The LED on the remote, will blink to show pairing mode is active.

milomak

Honorary Master
strange thing, all of a sudden the ethernet is acting up. the lit box is connected to the internal network 192.168.1.xxx

however now it picks up as 192.168.88.xxx

when i plug the same ethernet cable into a laptop, the laptop receives an ip 192.168.1.xxx

what could the issue be with the lit box? is it likely a factory reset will fix it?

edit - it was a simple matter of switching it off for an extending period of time (just over 30 minutes as it happens)

Last edited:

Ryan Innes

Anyone else battling to install apks from APK Pure, had no issues until about two weeks ago.

Tinuva

The Magician
strange thing, all of a sudden the ethernet is acting up. the lit box is connected to the internal network 192.168.1.xxx

however now it picks up as 192.168.88.xxx

when i plug the same ethernet cable into a laptop, the laptop receives an ip 192.168.1.xxx

what could the issue be with the lit box? is it likely a factory reset will fix it?

edit - it was a simple matter of switching it off for an extending period of time (just over 30 minutes as it happens)
Looks like you have a mikrotik device on your network that is dishing out the default 192.168.88.x mikrotik range.

SSS001

Replying on a old thread that has helped me so much , thanks to all

Also massive shout out to ROBIN from Nology

Took my A11 to him to upgrade

Got home, plugged in and all is working as promised, Netflix, DSTV , Kodi etc etc

Also a side note - I'm using Android TV remote on my cellphone, works flawlessly even with voice assistant

IceQB

Expert Member
Anyone had issues with Netflix?
Have to restart device before it would play anything again. Happened a few times so far

riscbroker

Expert Member
Anyone had issues with Netflix?
Have to restart device before it would play anything again. Happened a few times so far
I had a problem with Netflix yesterday, the error message led me to sign out of the app and back in, problem sorted. A prior restart of the box itself didn't help.

thehuman

Expert Member
Replying on a old thread that has helped me so much , thanks to all

Also massive shout out to ROBIN from Nology

Took my A11 to him to upgrade

Got home, plugged in and all is working as promised, Netflix, DSTV , Kodi etc etc

Also a side note - I'm using Android TV remote on my cellphone, works flawlessly even with voice assistant
Upload file to a google drive or dropbox account?