Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

airborne

Honorary Master
Does the LITBOX support voice search? I've tried everything with no success
The newer ones have a remote with a assistant/voice search button on the remote but it's pretty useless in my experience, I could only get Youtube search results:

deesef

Thanks dude. Can you post a link for the remote. Searching on the play store brings up tons of apps. Thanks again

airborne

Honorary Master
Any one experienced a LIT box that is stuck in standby mode?
I tried holding down the power button and the little IR indicator blinks when you press the remote but other than that it doesn't respond to anything.
Does anyone have any ideas about the above?

Kayoss

Anyone know how I can update my A07? Haven't used it for a long time and it's still on 7.1.2

If I check for an update it finds nothing. I'm finding far too many posts however I search in this thread to find a proper answer..

Thanks!

deesef

A different approach for remote control of the LIT box, for anyone who may benefit:

Background:
I hate having a bunch of remotes to control the TV, hifi, media box, etc. I have a "One for all" remote with a learning function that caters for a number of AV devices. Unfortunately it cannot learn from the LIT box remote, because the LIT remote uses a radio signal and the One for all is IR only.

Luckily I have a Xiaomi phone that has an IR transmitter and a fairly nice Remote app. I tried pairing the phone's remote app using the app's long list of devices under "Smart box". When I got to a device called "BaiBian MoHeSmart", my LIT box reacted. All the buttons except Home and Menu function perfectly. (I may continue plodding through the long list of devices to see if another smart box option can offer the functionality of these buttons, but I very seldom use them).
The buttons that do work are: the 4 cursor buttons, OK, Back, Volume up/down and Power

It is now possible to program the One for all to control the LIT box using the Xiaomi Mi Remote app. I know that I could just use the Xiaomi Mi Remote app for all my devices, but a physical device with buttons is so much more convenient. Now my LIT remote can rest in a cupboard as a backup.

I have heard that Harmony does have the IR codes for the LIT box, but the One for all was already available and it is also much cheaper than the Harmony.

rodga

Executive Member
A different approach for remote control of the LIT box, for anyone who may benefit:

Background:
I hate having a bunch of remotes to control the TV, hifi, media box, etc. I have a "One for all" remote with a learning function that caters for a number of AV devices. Unfortunately it cannot learn from the LIT box remote, because the LIT remote uses a radio signal and the One for all is IR only.

Luckily I have a Xiaomi phone that has an IR transmitter and a fairly nice Remote app. I tried pairing the phone's remote app using the app's long list of devices under "Smart box". When I got to a device called "BaiBian MoHeSmart", my LIT box reacted. All the buttons except Home and Menu function perfectly. (I may continue plodding through the long list of devices to see if another smart box option can offer the functionality of these buttons, but I very seldom use them).
The buttons that do work are: the 4 cursor buttons, OK, Back, Volume up/down and Power

It is now possible to program the One for all to control the LIT box using the Xiaomi Mi Remote app. I know that I could just use the Xiaomi Mi Remote app for all my devices, but a physical device with buttons is so much more convenient. Now my LIT remote can rest in a cupboard as a backup.

I have heard that Harmony does have the IR codes for the LIT box, but the One for all was already available and it is also much cheaper than the Harmony.
Harmony is no longer available locally.

I went through the whole list on the xiaomi app. There are a few that worked although I'm not sure if l the commands work. Only problem was that some commands would control both my lit box and the LG TV that it was connected to.

alqassam

Expert Member
Harmony is no longer available locally.

I went through the whole list on the xiaomi app. There are a few that worked although I'm not sure if l the commands work. Only problem was that some commands would control both my lit box and the LG TV that it was connected to.
Just use your TV remote with CEC works perfectly fine

AdrianH

Expert Member
I have an One For All streamer remote. It's basically to handle three devices simultaneously. So it controls the TV and sound bar by entering the code for the manufacturer. They don't support LIT box though, but it could learn from the remote via IR. The only thing I can think of is you have the newer LIT remote which works on Bluetooth and not IR. Do you have a voice button on remote?

deesef

I have an One For All streamer remote. It's basically to handle three devices simultaneously. So it controls the TV and sound bar by entering the code for the manufacturer. They don't support LIT box though, but it could learn from the remote via IR. The only thing I can think of is you have the newer LIT remote which works on Bluetooth and not IR. Do you have a voice button on remote?
Read my post again. I programmed the One for all via the IR Remote app on my Xiaomi phone. The app send the IR signal to the One for all, where the One for all is in its learning more

AdrianH

Expert Member
Read my post again. I programmed the One for all via the IR Remote app on my Xiaomi phone. The app send the IR signal to the One for all, where the One for all is in its learning more
I know you did. I programmed mine directly from LIT remote.

Kayoss

My LIT box updated itself to Android 8 (firmware 8.2.36) last night from 7.1.2.

However, there's no Netflix app preinstalled and the store version is not compatible. Anyone have a link to the correct apk to sideload as the apk in OP isn't working either, or any alternative method to install it?