Telkom LIT Android media box - Tips/Tricks/Apps thread

deesef

Expert Member
Have a strange issue with plex on this device.

Certain movies I get no audio coming through on the device.

Play the same title on plex on Smart TV, no issues with the audio.

No updates pending for plex on my lit box.

Anybody else noted similar behaviour?
I have the same problem. I'm feeding the audio via optic to a 20 year old demon amp. There is also no sound if I feed the audio directly to the (oldish) TV via the HDMI link.

I suspect that Plex is not transcoding some of the newer audio formats because it thinks that the lit box can handle the sound, but the Denon amp and the TV can't.

Please let me know if you find a solution that works, without needing to identify and manually transcode the problematic videos.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
I have the same problem. I'm feeding the audio via optic to a 20 year old demon amp. There is also no sound if I feed the audio directly to the (oldish) TV via the HDMI link.

I suspect that Plex is not transcoding some of the newer audio formats because it thinks that the lit box can handle the sound, but the Denon amp and the TV can't.

Please let me know if you find a solution that works, without needing to identify and manually transcode the problematic videos.

The other day, I tried to play a video, from a Samba share, using VLC, on an nVidia Shield TV Pro. The video played fine, but there was no audio. Copied the video to a USB stick, put it in the Shield and it played in VLC, and audio worked.

Might point to a general Android issue, then might not.

Superjakes

Expert Member
If you would be prepared to send us more info we can test our side. I run a plex server and its no effort for us to grab a Lit to test and troubleshoot.
For what it's worth - it seems to happen with files that have multichannel audio and not just normal stereo. Generally, the Plex add-on in Kodi can make those work, but not Plex itself. Those files work fine through the Apple TV version of Plex (but it is connected to a multichannel amp).

killerbyte

Expert Member
For what it's worth - it seems to happen with files that have multichannel audio and not just normal stereo. Generally, the Plex add-on in Kodi can make those work, but not Plex itself. Those files work fine through the Apple TV version of Plex (but it is connected to a multichannel amp).
Does this happen when the Lit is connected to a multichannel amp or only when it has to downscale to stereo?

IceQB

Expert Member
Any hardware difference in the 3 models A, B, C.. 2017, 2018, 2019....

Tinuva

The Magician
Any hardware difference in the 3 models A, B, C.. 2017, 2018, 2019....
Only the very 1st model doesn't have Bluetooth. So no Google voice usage on it directly unless you buy a USB remote or add Bluetooth using compatible USB.

IceQB

Expert Member
Only the very 1st model doesn't have Bluetooth. So no Google voice usage on it directly unless you buy a USB remote or add Bluetooth using compatible USB.
Thanks, so then the A model I saw for sale will be a miss.
Needed to get another one at home

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
Any one know why my A06 will suddenly start going to sleep and has to be powered on by the button?

*EDIT*

And it started working as before i.e. not going to sleep, without any changes from me.

Last edited:

zack06

Sorry if this was asked before, I just bought a lit secondhand and it has a few problems

1. The Android version and security is way out of date. And when I try an upate it says it is up to date.

R4m80

Sorry if this was asked before, I just bought a lit secondhand and it has a few problems

1. The Android version and security is way out of date. And when I try an upate it says it is up to date.
You must contact Nology. They will ask for your serial nr. and then push the update to the device if there is one.

cpu.

Expert Member
Anyone have Netflix working on Litbox via ExpressVPN?
If you start Netflix without the VPN and then exit you have to force stop Netflix before opening it again (after starting VPN).

Edit: Surfshark VPN in my case with only one US location working out of +- 10.

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Using ExpressVPN. Netflix manages to open foreign Netflix on my phone (UK, USA shows.... depending on VPN country).
But on Litbox it sticks to SA version. Even forced closing the app and restarting after VPN is set it still only shows SA catalog.

Ideas?

cpu.

Expert Member
Using ExpressVPN. Netflix manages to open foreign Netflix on my phone (UK, USA shows.... depending on VPN country).
But on Litbox it sticks to SA version. Even forced closing the app and restarting after VPN is set it still only shows SA catalog.

Ideas?
Did you try to start the VPN in the US, then reboot the Lit. In Surfshark I chose to run it at boot.
Also, are you on wifi as @Ricebowl suggested?