Telkom LIT Video problems

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Telkom LIT Video problems

A MyBroadband reader reported issues with their Telkom LIT bundle, stating that their any-time data was being used instead of their LIT Video data.

When users with a LIT Video bundle streams Netflix or YouTube, the LIT Video data is meant to be used, but the reader provided MyBroadband with proof that this was not happening.

Thor

Honorary Master
I still don't know how they manage to offer this service over HTTPS.

ld13

Honorary Master
I still don't know how they manage to offer this service over HTTPS.
HTTPS does not hide the source or destination IP, does it? With these types of services I have always assumed that they simply track data usage from a client going to a known group of IPs and avoid packet inspection etc. Or am I missing something?

Tswalenki

Telkom is blatantly lying, you cannot turn off LIT Video via *180*5*3*1#
Thats a tarrif change option.

bevan1

Hi

I have a similar issue. Loaded LIT video bundle to stream Netflix via my B315 wifi router . The weird issue is that Netflix works on my mobile device but does not work on my android tv box with the same wifi connection.

If I have normal data then Netflix works on the android tv box and using the "paid" data.

Lebs1972

This is one useless so called service provider if they deserve to described as such. I suspect they switch it off deliberately to force customers to buy other bundles before complaining which what I usually hoping it's temporarily offline. The regulator should impose fines to this useless company