Telkom LTE problems

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Telkom LTE problems

Telkom users are reporting problems with the operator’s mobile network, specifically the stability of its LTE connectivity.

Downdetector has reported possible Telkom network problems since around 08:00 on Monday 6 April.

Ivanr

Expert Member
Just indicates cheaper is not always without service level issues for all those lower data fans :laugh:

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I also noticed very slow download speeds last night, was just tryna update facebook lol

Otherwise i have no problems with my Telkom LTE. (touch wood)

alphabyte

I am a client of Azess / Telkom LTE (Pretoria) - been having problems since early this morning. It improved slightly around lunch time, but now (17h00) it is almost unusable; speed test shows ping, dl and ul as all zero.

kianm

Honorary Master
All good here n Telkom atm. My Rain sim has been a pain in the rear had to turn it off

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Well I got 4.6 Mbps download earlier, but it was in bursts, that is erratic, was peaking at 6Mbps. GW2 was also suffering erratic lag issues. Bit of YouTube streaming I did was okay.

op365

I was getting 56kps felt like 1995 again... Guess that is what happens when you sell 10gb for R99, just have to wait while those use it up in 3 days to get decent speeds again... Sigh

Mampara

Helkom really needs to upgrade it LTE and fibre networks as this once monopolistic company is losing customers because of poor service levels run by incompetent cadres

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Read an article on IOL about the cable breaks. It specifically said that there will still be issues on the Telkom network.

tRoN

Executive Member
Strangely my fixed LTE is having issues but not the mobile LTE. Why would this be?

cavedog

Honorary Master
There is currently an Openserve outage that is affecting Telkom LTE in PTA.

TheWire

I've been having issues for a while now. There are serious problems that needs ironing out over there at Telkom, It takes 2 hours to download a 200mb file - absolutely uncalled for!

Yskasmetnstoof

Add Rain LTE. As erratic as a fox terrier on dope. Also essential dead for long periods. Everything says the internet is on but mo data trickles through. Other times just dead when is was fast seconds before. Sometimes a router reboot helps other times not.
Totally untrustworthy.
And no explanation from Rain, of course.

davyd4wp

What if we say we cannot pay for such crap service. I mean if you buy milk and the milk is sour wil you take it?

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
What if we say we cannot pay for such crap service. I mean if you buy milk and the milk is sour wil you take it?
You just got buy somewhere else, unless you have no alternative, then you screwed, so it is either pay, or go without.