Telkom making me go crazy

tazzitiger

Hi Everyone.

I am not sure if this is the right place to query about this. But my ADSL 4Mb/s line with Telkom has not been working for almost 2 months now. I am a working university student. I can safely say that the reason my results are so bad is because of telkom and now it turns out I might lose my job as well. My job (since I am a student) is completely reliant on the internet and requires me to constantly download and upload files. However the internet has not been working or should I rather say it has been intermittent. I don't like to use that word since it gives the impression that I am able to use the internet during the "on" periods. This is not true as it switches on for barely a minute which is not even time to download a document. I have spoken to telkom about 6 times over the phone and 2 times in store. I feel I should demand my money for 1 month back because I am paying for a service I am not receiving and on top of it I am losing what little money I do have by buying so much data in order to accommodate my needs. I have reached my limit for buying data though and now I feel I deserve my money back. This is completely unacceptable. I have deadlines to meet and I can't use the excuse that my internet is not working for 2 months. It just looks like I am lying. In a nutshell I just want to ask the community whether Telkom will give my money back if I demand it. Or are my demands completely unrealistic.

Peon

Expert Member
Cut your losses and go mobile. Telkom will never ever refund you. If they do I suspect MyBroadband will give you a medal.

Strongly recommend getting a connection from a company like Rain. Price/Performance they not bad.

I wouldnt waste any more time on fighting or waiting. Focus on your job and studies and move on.

xodosman123

Expert Member
I do not see that you have reported the line to have a technician come and have a look and see what is happening with the line.

yebocan

Executive Member
DM them on their Twitter account...way more clued up and faster that their call centres.

now05ster

DM them on their Twitter account...way more clued up and faster that their call centres.
This.

Also for going with Rain if you have coverage in your area. R250 pm for off-peak hours is reasonable.

cpu.

Expert Member
Cut your losses and go mobile. Telkom will never ever refund you. If they do I suspect MyBroadband will give you a medal.

Strongly recommend getting a connection from a company like Rain. Price/Performance they not bad.

I wouldnt waste any more time on fighting or waiting. Focus on your job and studies and move on.
Telkom always refunded me when their service was down. I hope that's still the same.

now05ster

Telkom always refunded me when their service was down. I hope that's still the same.
It's the first time I'm hearing about a refund policy at Telkom. Well, you're never too old to learn.

cpu.

Expert Member
It's the first time I'm hearing about a refund policy at Telkom. Well, you're never too old to learn.
You have to insist on a refund. They only once did it without me asking, after planned downtime.

boanergesza1

I used to go through the same frustrations. It was roller coaster ride of emotions every time my.line went down.
They would miss the "appointment" (and I use that term very loosely with them) and then phone me days later while I'm at work with a "we are at your gate"
I canceled the service and went with Afrihost fixed wireless....getting 50-90mbs down(maybe more on good days)

Spare yourself the frustration and switch