Telkom Mobile Billing FAQ

MongeziNombewu

I have been trying to reach Telkom through social media, email, web chat and telephone for over a month. Their social media teams have been driving me through endless loops of "our team will contact you".

I have been over-billed for the last two months and their invoices are incorrect to the n-th degree.

I was also expecting my HomeOffice 50GB to be migrated to the Smartbroadband Wireless 50GB last month as the below article states, but nothing has happened to date.

http://www.telkom.co.za/sites/aboutus/mediacentre/currentreleases/article1605

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Has the monthly subscription for the Big 5 Promo (10gig + 10gig nightsurfer) increased from R199 to R299? I have not been notified of this. Perhaps an SMS has been sent to the SIM, but that SIM is always in a router.

nadeem_k

Hi

Seem to have the same issue where the response I get is someone will contact me. My issue is I took out a contract but now they charging another person with the same surname. This is going on for over a month and no one has helped me. Apparently a fraud investigation is now underway. I am extremely frustrated at how useless the service has been. Can ANYONE help?

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
I have been trying to reach Telkom through social media, email, web chat and telephone for over a month. Their social media teams have been driving me through endless loops of "our team will contact you".

I have been over-billed for the last two months and their invoices are incorrect to the n-th degree.

I was also expecting my HomeOffice 50GB to be migrated to the Smartbroadband Wireless 50GB last month as the below article states, but nothing has happened to date.

http://www.telkom.co.za/sites/aboutus/mediacentre/currentreleases/article1605
Hi MongeziNombewu,

Thank you for your post.

Your query is escalated to the Upgrade Department for further assistance. Feedback will follow.

Your social media reference number is SM151842.

Kind regards
William
Telkom Social Media Team.

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Has the monthly subscription for the Big 5 Promo (10gig + 10gig nightsurfer) increased from R199 to R299? I have not been notified of this. Perhaps an SMS has been sent to the SIM, but that SIM is always in a router.
Hi Slootvreter,

Yes the product's price was changed to R299.00 . Please PM us the affected number so we can check what applies in your case.

Your social media reference number is SM167025.

Regards
William
Telkom Social Media Team

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Hi

Seem to have the same issue where the response I get is someone will contact me. My issue is I took out a contract but now they charging another person with the same surname. This is going on for over a month and no one has helped me. Apparently a fraud investigation is now underway. I am extremely frustrated at how useless the service has been. Can ANYONE help?
Hi nadeem_k,

Please do PM us the affected number & contact number for further assistance.

It will be our pleasure to assist you.

Your social media reference number is SM166233.

Regards
William
Telkom Social Media Team

Mr M

Hi

Having the same issue as Slootvreter - my Internet 5 Promo monthly fee used to be R199 for the past 3 years. This month it jumped to R299. Went to the Telkom store and they logged a ticked. It's now 2 weeks and everytime I call the call center they have no new info.

Case 17197662

I was one of the subscribers that qualified for the discounted rate when they called to renew my contract.

Please advise.

Thanks.

candygirl

I'm having a very frustrating time with Telkom mobile. The Telkom store does not deal with account enquiries so my only way of trying to sort out this problem is with the call centre. And I have spoken to at least 10 different call centre people over 2 months and no joy! Eventually I managed to get hold of a person I could email and explain my long story, which just gets longer as this goes on.... but still no action from Telkom. I DO NOT recommend Telkom Mobile. And as soon as my contract ends I am getting as far away from this incompetent company as possible!

To cut a long story short. I cancelled 2 of my 4 contracts effective end Nov 15. Telkom did not cancel them and has been billing me THE full amounts ever since. Which incidentally is more than I was paying originally ?! Taking huge amounts off on debit order and then suspending my 2 contracts when I stopped the one payment.

What I would like to know is - does anyone have a SENIOR contact in Telkom Mobile that can assist me? Because clearly there are no competent call centre people.

cpbotha

Since March of this year, my company has a Telkom LTE 200G subscription. In the application form, I had to complete and sign a *compulsory* debit order. However, I completely coincidentally just checked the SMSes on the Huawei router to find an account overdue and disconnect warning message from Telkom.

The product is technically great, but I am NOT a happy camper at the moment.

This is the email I just sent to lsdanational@telkom.co.za (also sent to social@8ta.com, emailed my reseller and tweeted to @telkomza; will try phoning later brrr):

Dear Telkom,

I have an LTE 200G Telkom account, SIM number XXX XXX XXXX.

I coincidentally just checked the Huawei E5186 router interface and discovered an SMS that my account was R4397.25 in arrears, and that I would be disconnected in 48 hours!

In my application form (see attached, section 7) I filled in and signed a debit order. Why is this not being used to pay the account?

Furthermore, I have received not a single invoice *anywhere*: Not at my xxx@xxx.com email (registered with My Telkom, associated with this account) and not in the post at my registered address (blabla, Bla Town). In the LTE application form, these details were clearly filled in under the billing section 6.

Could you urgently send me an invoice by email, and/or the details of the account I have to pay into or, preferably, fix the debit order and confirm that all is OK via this email address and my mobile at YYY YYY YYYY.

Best regards,
Dr Charl Botha
vxlabs (Pty) Ltd

P.S. Frustratingly, your SMS contains a payment reference, but no banking details! Here it is in its entirety:

"Dear customer, kindly note that according to our records your mobile account is overdue.? The service will be interrupted within 48 hours. Please make payment using reference:ZZZZZZZ for R 4397.25Once payment is made ?forward the proof of payment to 0880313671109 / lsdanational@telkom.co.za.? Restoration of sespended service can take 48hrs"

Last edited:

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Since March of this year, my company has a Telkom LTE 200G subscription. In the application form, I had to complete and sign a *compulsory* debit order. However, I completely coincidentally just checked the SMSes on the Huawei router to find an account overdue and disconnect warning message from Telkom.

The product is technically great, but I am NOT a happy camper at the moment.

This is the email I just sent to lsdanational@telkom.co.za (also sent to social@8ta.com, emailed my reseller and tweeted to @telkomza; will try phoning later brrr):

Dear Telkom,

I have an LTE 200G Telkom account, SIM number XXX XXX XXXX.

I coincidentally just checked the Huawei E5186 router interface and discovered an SMS that my account was R4397.25 in arrears, and that I would be disconnected in 48 hours!

In my application form (see attached, section 7) I filled in and signed a debit order. Why is this not being used to pay the account?

Furthermore, I have received not a single invoice *anywhere*: Not at my xxx@xxx.com email (registered with My Telkom, associated with this account) and not in the post at my registered address (blabla, Bla Town). In the LTE application form, these details were clearly filled in under the billing section 6.

Could you urgently send me an invoice by email, and/or the details of the account I have to pay into or, preferably, fix the debit order and confirm that all is OK via this email address and my mobile at YYY YYY YYYY.

Best regards,
Dr Charl Botha
vxlabs (Pty) Ltd

P.S. Frustratingly, your SMS contains a payment reference, but no banking details! Here it is in its entirety:

"Dear customer, kindly note that according to our records your mobile account is overdue.? The service will be interrupted within 48 hours. Please make payment using reference:ZZZZZZZ for R 4397.25Once payment is made ?forward the proof of payment to 0880313671109 / lsdanational@telkom.co.za.? Restoration of sespended service can take 48hrs"
Hi cpbotha,

Thank you for your post.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please may you PM us the affected number, contact number & email address for further assistance.

Kins regards
William
Telkom Social Media Team

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
I'm having a very frustrating time with Telkom mobile. The Telkom store does not deal with account enquiries so my only way of trying to sort out this problem is with the call centre. And I have spoken to at least 10 different call centre people over 2 months and no joy! Eventually I managed to get hold of a person I could email and explain my long story, which just gets longer as this goes on.... but still no action from Telkom. I DO NOT recommend Telkom Mobile. And as soon as my contract ends I am getting as far away from this incompetent company as possible!

To cut a long story short. I cancelled 2 of my 4 contracts effective end Nov 15. Telkom did not cancel them and has been billing me THE full amounts ever since. Which incidentally is more than I was paying originally ?! Taking huge amounts off on debit order and then suspending my 2 contracts when I stopped the one payment.

What I would like to know is - does anyone have a SENIOR contact in Telkom Mobile that can assist me? Because clearly there are no competent call centre people.
Hi candygirl ,

Thank you for your post.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please may you PM us the affected number & contact number for further assistance.

Kins regards
William
Telkom Social Media Team

Telkom

Expert Member
Company Rep
Hi

Having the same issue as Slootvreter - my Internet 5 Promo monthly fee used to be R199 for the past 3 years. This month it jumped to R299. Went to the Telkom store and they logged a ticked. It's now 2 weeks and everytime I call the call center they have no new info.

Case 17197662

I was one of the subscribers that qualified for the discounted rate when they called to renew my contract.

Please advise.

Thanks.
Hi Mr M,

Thank you for your post.

We have requested the Billing Team to assist further on your query.

Feedback will follow.

Your reference number is AI2508588.

Kind regards
William
Telkom Social Media Team.

-Fanatix-

Dear William

I need to have my query / application escalated and finalized as a matter of urgency.
I have been trying to have an online application for your Wireless Broadband uncapped finalized for a good few months ..

I have called the "inbound" call-centre on easily a dozen separate occasions .
Have spoken to numerous consultants , most of whm advised me the same , that the online applications are handled by an "outbound" call-centre .. MY ID number and contact details are taken & i do not get any feedback ..

I get to speak to a consultant today , after waiting 1:06 minutes on line , to be informed that the online promotion is finished , and should i now want to apply , i wll need to pay R799 ----

I am extremely disapponted & disgruntled ..

Please can you assist ..

chopsky

Expert Member
Hi guys

I'm looking at signing a month-to-month SIM-only contract with TM today. I'm self-employed (so no salary slips).
What will Telkom require from a RICA standpoint? Tried calling several stores, but their numbers don't work, or they don't answer.

Thanks

warwickw

Expert Member
Hi guys

I'm looking at signing a month-to-month SIM-only contract with TM today. I'm self-employed (so no salary slips).
What will Telkom require from a RICA standpoint? Tried calling several stores, but their numbers don't work, or they don't answer.

Thanks
It's not a case of what Telkom want for RICA, but what the government want.

You need a ID/Passport and proof of residential address. I recommend getting a TM sim card from Shoprite/Checkers and doing their RICA process at their Money Market counter, its quick and painless.

chopsky

Expert Member
It's not a case of what Telkom want for RICA, but what the government want.

You need a ID/Passport and proof of residential address. I recommend getting a TM sim card from Shoprite/Checkers and doing their RICA process at their Money Market counter, its quick and painless.
Apologies, I realise I made an error in my question. What I actually wanted to know, was what was required bank statements wise from Telkom in order to sign the contract. As I'm self-employed, I believe they'll want 6 months worth of bank statements. Does this mean I have to print out every page over the past 6 months from an ATM? Will they even accept the statements from an ATM, or do I need to get those stamped too?

Thanks

Bundu

Expert Member
I selected my TM debit order to come off on the last day of the month - for some reason, it did not go off yesterday - anybody else notice this?

Bundu

Expert Member
thanks Slootvreter, will see if that's the problem, hope so

EDIT: all good, the debit went off yesterday

Last edited:

Jola

Honorary Master
I recently subscribed to one of the Telkom Mobile R199pm mobile deals, but I see that I am now being charged R207.50pm.

What is that all about, a little largesse ?

How do I get it fixed ?

Note : I don't receive invoices/statements, so I can't see what it is.