Telkom Mobile LTE Speedtest Results

Download Speed: 15217 kbps (1902.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 5667 kbps (708.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 40 ms
Jitter: 16 ms
2016/08/24, 10:19:14 PM
 
I max out on 6Mbps down and its horrible I really wish they can find the problem.
 
My internet is actually a bit slower tonight.... Still good though :)

5579865916.png
 
What is your...

RSRP:
SINR:

This is mine...
RSRP:-66
SINR: 23

I get between 10 and 35Mb/s

RSSI (dBm):-58.0
RSRP (dBm): -83.0
RSRQ (dB):-11.0


Mine is much the same. The telkom tech said they do not have metro fibre at the tower where its pointing at at the tower is congested. No luck for any changes yet. I used to get 10 - 35, but currently I am almost never going above 3. I am seriously considering cancelling the bloody thing and going back to 3 x adsl lines.
 
Last edited:
speeds on my end are lower than I've ever seen, can't even watch TV... sitting @ 2.9Mbps down, and 9Mbps up... not that I upload anything...

Capture.JPG
 
Last edited:
you need to get the toolbox and fix the band I had the same issue...

will give that a shot tonight and see how it goes, already downloaded the toolbox(if you're talking about the e5186 toolbox), just haven't used it yet, so I'm assuming you just fixed yours onto the 2300mhz band ?
 
I keep seeing ref to:
RSRP
SINR

Mine is sitting at:
RSRQ: -8dB
RSRP: -97dBm
RSSI: -69dBm
SINR: 6dB

How is that for signal?

I have the E5186s-61a with external antennas. Where can I download the toolbox?
 
you need to get the toolbox and fix the band I had the same issue...

you were right, thanks... after tooling around with the toolbox and sticking things to 2300mhz, I no longer have 2 bars of signal, but 4, and my speed is higher than I've ever seen it, I have tested, at various times of the day at literally any hour you can pick, on every day of the week, and the highest I ever got was in May @ 39Mbps, see todays results below...

4bars.JPG

ookla speedtest.JPG

telkom speedtest.JPG
 
I keep seeing ref to:
RSRP
SINR

Mine is sitting at:
RSRQ:-8dB
RSRP:-97dBm
RSSI:-69dBm
SINR:6dB

How is that for signal?

I have the E5186s-61a with external antennas. Where can I download the toolbox?
1260e87895e2f19c5385a0127cc959d8.jpg
 
that is fantastic !!! which province are you in ?

This ***was** in Gauteng
Was getting this consistently until a month ago. Then the Telkom AIDS kicked in and I am now getting 10 down 10 up. I downloaded the toolkit everyone is talking about on 1800 I get 3 mps. I don't have an option for 2300 that everyone talks about. I do have 2600. I tried LTE-A and that seemed to work but same same speeds 10/10mbps

config.PNG

Got vodacom coming to text week, if i can i will change. if anyone has any suggestions on bands to test let me know.
 

Attachments

  • config.PNG
    config.PNG
    184.6 KB · Views: 258
This ***was** in Gauteng
Was getting this consistently until a month ago. Then the Telkom AIDS kicked in and I am now getting 10 down 10 up. I downloaded the toolkit everyone is talking about on 1800 I get 3 mps. I don't have an option for 2300 that everyone talks about. I do have 2600. I tried LTE-A and that seemed to work but same same speeds 10/10mbps

View attachment 386208

Got vodacom coming to text week, if i can i will change. if anyone has any suggestions on bands to test let me know.

From what i can see your SINR is very very bad with -98 RSRP i get 15 SINR.. so alignment might be out or your area is noisy as heck if you get the sinr abit higher you might see an improvement on both 1800MHZ and 2300MHZ
 
Just a question did Telkom in their infinite wisdom start limiting LTE connections to 10mbps? I use to get 80+ for the last week or two a perfect 10 down 10 up. its almost to perfect on the speedtests hits 10mbps in the first second and red lines there like its capped?
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X