Telkom Mobile LTE Speedtest Results

That day it was the best ever but the next day performance nose dived.

Very inconsistent day-to-day. Yesterday at midday I logged 87Mbps with an average 40Mbps until 3pm. Thereafter it bombed completely again.

Also getting international latency spikes as high as 1900ms.
 
At 9:15 54mbps on netflix test page
At 9:16 Ookla speedtest 33.58mbps
 
Peak time speeds is not like my 87Mbps off peak time speeds but still flippen amazing aaaaaaaaaand it's sold out on my tower so no new people joining on my tower. Love it!

5537703083.png
 
Peak time speeds is not like my 87Mbps off peak time speeds but still flippen amazing aaaaaaaaaand it's sold out on my tower so no new people joining on my tower. Love it!

5537703083.png
Whats your SINR etc?
 
Whats your SINR etc?

SINR varies between 25dB and =>30dB but never really lower than 25dB depends on the wind because I have no LOS to the tower the trees causes the SINR variation.

RSRP is -90dB
 
Stable at
Sinr 30db
Rsrp -76dbm

500m away with external antenna
 
Can anyone give a little info as to what a good SNR and RSI for LTE? (on the B315)

Using the toolbox app, I changed to 1800mhz or the LTA advanced option and get a solid 32mbit down & 10mbit up (EL). This with the bunny ears. My external antenna has line of sight with the tower and when I connect to it give me a RSRP of -55 and SNR of 29 or 30=> but the speeds are always way lower even less than half of the bunny ears(???). Max speed I have ever got is 70mbit towards the beginning and then 50mbit in perfect conditions with average being between 30-40.

Im sure more than a few people could use some info on how to get the best performance from their router/antenna.
 
Can anyone give a little info as to what a good SNR and RSI for LTE? (on the B315)

Using the toolbox app, I changed to 1800mhz or the LTA advanced option and get a solid 32mbit down & 10mbit up (EL). This with the bunny ears. My external antenna has line of sight with the tower and when I connect to it give me a RSRP of -55 and SNR of 29 or 30=> but the speeds are always way lower even less than half of the bunny ears(???). Max speed I have ever got is 70mbit towards the beginning and then 50mbit in perfect conditions with average being between 30-40.

Im sure more than a few people could use some info on how to get the best performance from their router/antenna.

507676892bb864c9ebf43c47720d8764.jpg
 
Last edited:
And sometimes slooow as #$#@ during peak. Nowadays netflix even freezes due I suspect to too many streaming internally.
May need new AP. Was supposed to get uniqui but not sure thats the holdup.
 
I can vouch for the unifi AP AC Lite if you're looking for an access point. Dbg.co.za
 
I can vouch for the unifi AP AC Lite if you're looking for an access point. Dbg.co.za
Thanks. Just hesitant to invest and holdup is telkom .
Never had issues with Netflix even when running slow.
May even be chromecast? Will definitely buy the amazon fire tv stick with Alexa voice (any excuse to buy it will do)
 
Thanks. Just hesitant to invest and holdup is telkom .
Never had issues with Netflix even when running slow.
May even be chromecast? Will definitely buy the amazon fire tv stick with Alexa voice (any excuse to buy it will do)

I saw an improvement over wifi of +- 10-20mb/s... if you have a need for speed then you need this :D
 
Jeez how far away from tower?
5m 10m 100m? I am 500m and 30mbps is my name. Most on pc was 72mbps I think.

I'm actually pretty far considering and have NO line of sight to the tower at all. Just adjusted the external until I got the best stats and it's pretty damn fast always.

Max speed is actually like 95Mbps that I got but I don't see that very often. I would say only between 2am and 3am I would see that speeds but my speeds rarely dip below 60Mbps even during peak. :)

distance_from_lte_tower.png
 
I'm actually pretty far considering and have NO line of sight to the tower at all. Just adjusted the external until I got the best stats and it's pretty damn fast always.

Max speed is actually like 95Mbps that I got but I don't see that very often. I would say only between 2am and 3am I would see that speeds but my speeds rarely dip below 60Mbps even during peak. :)

distance_from_lte_tower.png
I suspect then that although I have 5 bar full strength that my antenna might not be facing the tower directly. Probably partly in direction only or trees in the way.
Maybe I must get a pole and direct antenna until best stats. But eish will think about it.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X