Telkom Mobile LTE Speedtest Results

I don't want to ruin your theory but my results get even better when it rains.
 
This is at my work, Germiston. Yes, other users busy as well and SIP trunk running over it as well. B315 device with external MIMO antennae.

5957079700.png
 
Anyone have connectivity issues since late last night (early morning maybe even)?

I've been without internet since last night :(

Equestria (Pretoria) area.
 
Mine usually loses connection at month end. I think it's to correctly calculate your monthly usage by killing the session

I just bounce my router every 1st of the month to be sure
 
Mine usually loses connection at month end. I think it's to correctly calculate your monthly usage by killing the session

I just bounce my router every 1st of the month to be sure

Aha, interesting. I haven't noticed it before, but it sounds like a valid reason.
 
Mine usually loses connection at month end. I think it's to correctly calculate your monthly usage by killing the session

I just bounce my router every 1st of the month to be sure
Also seen same . Reboot always fix it for me .
 
I lose connectivity on my phone and LTE router at midnight for about 10-20 minutes. After that it's fine. No reboots necessary.
 
Ping: 18ms
Download: 1.37Mbps
Upload: 1.62Mbps

My speed on Telkom LTE uncapped. If have not reached my limit with only 88GB used. Always on a Sunday it looses speed but not this bad! Cannot even use Netflix on low quality without buffering.

On Friday and Saturday I reached 30mbps download

What is a guy to do?
 
^_^

Hi, my name is Yuu, i am also a obsessive-compulsive speedtester ;). I want that as my title...

Screenshot_20170321-134035.jpg​

Speeds are almost always good after 23:30 but before that, recently been real slow. Hmm.

FYI, 30Mbps+ speeds only happened since last month [February 2017] :love:
 
628 results? Are you a obsessive-compulsive speedtester? :p

Have to make sure I'm getting what I'm paying for :p.

Hi, my name is Yuu, i am also a obsessive-compulsive speedtester ;). I want that as my title...


Speeds are almost always good after 23:30 but before that, recently been real slow. Hmm.

FYI, 30Mbps+ speeds only happened since last month [February 2017] :love:


On that note, I noticed the towers have changed in my area. There were two towers on the map in my area, with the closest one being 1.4km away (or thereabout). Think they changed the rocket towers according to uptake. New rocket tower is 200m from me now (though not much difference on speed) - no external Poynting antennae installed. Other two have disappeared. Coverage pattern definitely different from what is used to be.

Not massive uptake in places like here.
 
Last edited:
Is anyone managing to get speeds over 50-55mbps ? As of 2 weeks ago that's the max I'm getting. Used to be able to get between 65-80 most of the time :confused:
 
Hi,

I've been getting download speeds around 35-38Mbps and upload speeds around 5-7Mbps.
Ping around 19-40ms to Johannesburg servers.
190-300ms ping to London.
Speed tests are the same with the bunny antennas and internal. 300m-400m from LTE Telkom tower on the map.
Using a Huawei B315 router. 3-4 bars out of 5 constant connection signal.
I'm based in Polokwane.

I can't seem to game on ps4 with reasonable ping. 1 bar mostly on BF4/BF1.
Would a poynting antenna make a difference with latency on LTE?

Thanks,
TheVeteran
 
Hi,

I've been getting download speeds around 35-38Mbps and upload speeds around 5-7Mbps.
Ping around 19-40ms to Johannesburg servers.
190-300ms ping to London.
Speed tests are the same with the bunny antennas and internal. 300m-400m from LTE Telkom tower on the map.
Using a Huawei B315 router. 3-4 bars out of 5 constant connection signal.
I'm based in Polokwane.

I can't seem to game on ps4 with reasonable ping. 1 bar mostly on BF4/BF1.
Would a poynting antenna make a difference with latency on LTE?

Thanks,
TheVeteran
That thing is very directional, can't seem to get it right
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X