Telkom Mobile LTE Speedtest Results

Where do I email or phone to get a damn proper technician out to sort out my signal? These 3rd party vendors they use are useless!! They book a day and time, and never bother to pitch!

Go to a Telkom store and get one of the staff there to log the request for you. That's what I ended up doing when I first signed up and didn't get any response from a tech after a month.
 
Great this morning!

5772664240.png


SA: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5772664240
SA: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5772662936
UK: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5772667174
 
Today after some location changes for better reception and forcing to 2300 band. Durban South
Capture1.JPG
 
Last edited:
2300 band to UK
2300.JPG

1800 band to UK
1800.JPG

Now I just need to figure out how to share results without the need for screenshots and I'll be a regular LTE'ing mybb'er ;)
 
2300 band to UK
View attachment 399612

1800 band to UK
View attachment 399614

Now I just need to figure out how to share results without the need for screenshots and I'll be a regular LTE'ing mybb'er ;)

Nifty app that LTEwatch.. must download that app

But on both screen grabs.. you were still on 1800Mhz band.. so i dont think u connected to the 2300Mhz or maybe the app didnt update
 
Well I could get in the 80Mbps+ but the way the tower sits and where my antenna is I have no LOS so I have to be happy with this.

My Meizu speedtest was over 85Mbps when I stood close to the tower with clear LOS.

5820532156.png
 
62248602.png

62246734.png

62178832.png

This is in Parklands, Cape Town. Brand new Hauwei B315s LTE router, well within LTE area according to the Telkom map. I feel robbed and defrauded.

PS - We have the same modem in our office where I work less than 3km down the road and we get decent speeds there.
 
Last edited:
View attachment 409800

View attachment 409802

View attachment 409804

This is in Parklands, Cape Town. Brand new Hauwei B315s LTE router, well within LTE area according to the Telkom map. I feel robbed and defrauded.

PS - We have the same modem in our office where I work less than 3km down the road and we get decent speeds there.

What do your router stats look like?

(connect to router then click settings, enter login details, click system and then info)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X