Telkom Mobile roaming on Vodacom

DTBA

Expert Member
We have no vodacom service here what so ever since Sunday, 'no service' error.
But 65505 3G showing up.
This roaming agreement should show 2G/3G/4G.
Seems they can't get it right.
It is knocking vodacom offline when they try implementing the roaming configuration on base stations, by the looks of things.
This is interesting as cellc and mtn nailed it its been working so nice for me

cavedog

Honorary Master
Drove from Centurion to Richards Bay last night with Telkom sim in my S10. Centurion to Witbank, Hendrina, Ermelo, Piet Retief,Pongola and my phone was roaming on MTN when there was no coverage.

No Vodacom roaming at all.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
65505 is showing up again, 3G only though, no 2G or 4G.
And Vodacom is cycling between full signal and no service in our area.
Which leads me to be believe they really are battling to get this roaming configuration implemented.

ProAsm

Expert Member
Drove from Centurion to Richards Bay last night with Telkom sim in my S10. Centurion to Witbank, Hendrina, Ermelo, Piet Retief,Pongola and my phone was roaming on MTN when there was no coverage.

No Vodacom roaming at all.
I believe the switch will only happen on the 1st June.

dotcat

So here is an example of the 3g roaming working - No 4G roaming yet on South Coast KZN. Signal seemed to be fluctuating all over the place. Screenshot_2019-04-20-10-35-54-180_com.wilysis.cellinfo.png

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Phone is manually set to 65505.
Same here on my Mikrotik LTE router.
But it is terrible, as you said.
Signal strength all over the place.

And Vodacom keeps dropping in the area for hours at a time now, I am guessing Vodacom keeps trying various configurations, and failing miserably...
No Service errors, Vodacom customers are complaining all over town.

This seems to be going pear shaped very quickly, when MTN cut roaming links, and Vodacom still can't get this integrated, paw paw going to hit the fan, TM going to be a nightmare.

Me grabs pop corn.

3Gee

Expert Member
This entire switch to Vodacom going to be a disaster in the making with MTN data roaming becoming worse on a daily basis as we get closer to June.

@jannie, do you have any feedback regarding the rollout progress.

basil katakuzinos

Driving towards nelspruit this morning. And saw this, Vodacom roaming appears to be working.
Does anyone know how to check the MNC of a network when on LTE? I can’t seem to find it unless my phones connected to 3G 2680F6EE-DC31-473E-B125-39BE1D2547D8.png 97D4653E-E51D-4512-A8DD-23E09C6952B5.png