Telkom Online Contract Application-The Cellphone Thread

janinki

Dear Telkom

So I did an online application for a new cellphone contract about 3 weeks ago, and only received a call from your call centre (which I might add is NOT very fluent in English or easy to communicate with) last Monday, after a 45 minute phone call of literally spelling (B for benny o for arange etc) out everything to your call centre agent, the contract got approved and you promised delivery of the device before Friday. The amount already went off of my bank account and I still have not received any confirmation of delivery or even an email with a reference number.

I tried phoning your call centre twice today and after holding for longer than an hour twice I gave up. I also tried the "call me back" option on your website and filling in an online form, but no response so am hoping one of your MyBB representatives WILL get back to me regarding my contract and device

powermzii

Expert Member
Dear Telkom

So I did an online application for a new cellphone contract about 3 weeks ago, and only received a call from your call centre (which I might add is NOT very fluent in English or easy to communicate with) last Monday, after a 45 minute phone call of literally spelling (B for benny o for arange etc) out everything to your call centre agent, the contract got approved and you promised delivery of the device before Friday. The amount already went off of my bank account and I still have not received any confirmation of delivery or even an email with a reference number.

I tried phoning your call centre twice today and after holding for longer than an hour twice I gave up. I also tried the "call me back" option on your website and filling in an online form, but no response so am hoping one of your MyBB representatives WILL get back to me regarding my contract and device
Try PMing the Telkom mobile team here on MyBB - they are very helpful. You can also try the *Chat with us* option on the Telkom Website - if you get a good agent they can help - sure beats waiting on the phone for 40+mins

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
Same issue here.

Telkom debited my account on the 9th of October and called me on the 10th to advise my contract was approved and until now nada.

Alex Smithfield

Have the exact same issue. Ordered phone the 6th Oct, approved the 7th, billed the 9th, received and sms regarding the delivery on the 13th and till today nothing. Tried contacting them on FB, HelloPeter, agents etc.. everyone says the same "investigate and get back to you".

Does anyone know of a reliable person I can contact with Telkom?

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
lolz at the complaints for applications that were made in this month.
My contract was approved and account debited last month and still nothing.

So much for 7 working days.

Alex Smithfield

That's just crazy PsYTraNc3! Last month and you are still waiting? And I had high hopes of maybe early next week...

Have they at least contacted you?

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
That's just crazy PsYTraNc3! Last month and you are still waiting? And I had high hopes of maybe early next week...

Have they at least contacted you?
A week after I made the application, I got a call to say that they are experiencing problems with their system. (Never payed much attention to that because I knew it was a bunch of rubbish anyway)

Just checked my SMS's now and see that I got an SMS on the 13th to say that my payment was received and device will be delivered.
No date\time stated for delivery.

Xzib1t

Expert Member
A week after I made the application, I got a call to say that they are experiencing problems with their system. (Never payed much attention to that because I knew it was a bunch of rubbish anyway)

Just checked my SMS's now and see that I got an SMS on the 13th to say that my payment was received and device will be delivered.
No date\time stated for delivery.
Same issue here, eventually got a hold of someone on 10213 (after waiting for what felt like an eternity) for a tracking number

Alex Smithfield

I was on the phone this morning after one of the online agents called and then transferred me to the correct department. After 40 minutes in waiting I gave up... will probably have to try the 10213 number and hopefully get a tracking number.