Telkom VoLTE

Ricobyore

I recently took the 60Gb LTE data deal with the Huawei B525 router from Telkom. They advertise that it includes VoLTE so I connected my landline phone to the RJ11 port. Works like a charm, except that whenever I make a call, the router kicks over to 3G and data stops during the call. I notice under the VoLTE setting there is a portion which reads IMS registration, not registered. Anyone know what this is and should it be registered?
I called Telkom support and all they told me was that I should take it to a Telkom shop to have it "repaired".

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Telkom to my knowledge does not support volte.

Ricobyore

Most probably on sim, or the ISM needs to be registered. Will play around with that tonight and if I don't come right will visit the Telkom shop. Will report back my experiences... :rolleyes:

sajunky

Honorary Master
VoLTE and VoWiFi is not officialy yet. There is another thread about it, but no signs of working, you would be the first one.

cantankerous

And then your ISP doesn't peer with Telkom directly and something as simple as a phone call doesn't work. Until the big networks get their heads out their arses and start peering openly, VoWiFi won't work.

Sayf777

Expert Member
And then your ISP doesn't peer with Telkom directly and something as simple as a phone call doesn't work. Until the big networks get their heads out their arses and start peering openly, VoWiFi won't work.
What does that mean by Peer?

LMH

Most probably on sim, or the ISM needs to be registered. Will play around with that tonight and if I don't come right will visit the Telkom shop. Will report back my experiences... :rolleyes:
Wondering if your issue was resolved & how ? I also have ISM not registered on Samsung A30 handset after changing telkom sims . Had VoLTE calling on old sim but nothing now , so was wondering if this was the cause ?