Telkom website and apps not working

surfs-up

Expert Member
The last two days I have been unable to log onto the Telkom website - I have tried a few web browsers, and also their apps are not connecting. I need to check my data balances.

Not very good for a large company to have their website and apps not working....is it just me, have you also been unable to connect to their website ?

under_sky

Expert Member
seems to be working for me me when i login with my details but not the instant login

surfs-up

Expert Member
I can't even get the Telkom website to load - let alone the page where you can enter your details. It just hangs when I try to go to their website

sajunky

Honorary Master
It looks like it is not zero-rated anymore. I can access from Cell C, but not from Telkom SIM with zero airtime.

EDIT: It was not working for a week or more, finally original http://onnet.8ta.com was switched off. Today the first time I could access http://onnet.telkom.co.za with R0 airtime.

Last edited:

surfs-up

Expert Member
Okay, sorted out. Turns out it was my Huawei (Telkom supplied) LTE modem router. I could connect to the Telkom website when I used my tablet on the Voadacom network. So I went into my Huawei modem/router and did a reboot - no fix. I then went into the Huawei setup and did a "reset to factory default settings", and that worked. I can now connect to the Telkom website. Weird....don't know why it did that. I did check on the blacklist to see if Telkom had been blacklisted on my LTE router, but the blacklist was empty...so I don't know what caused this...but it's fixed now.

neoprema

Expert Member
I had the same issue today - from Telkom LTE - nothing no connection. From Vodacom - worked 100%.
Weird :)

schutthw1

It is very disappointing to try and access the Telkom mobile app daily without any access. Even try to access the website to manage my data without any success