The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

APoc184

Honorary Master
Lolz...

My work out tonight was a dad race after the kids' Gr R athletics.
Lots of laughter and joking around before hand but the competitive nature kicked in for most when the race started. Couldn't believe that there were nerves after the ready and set call. Think mostly in fear of making my name poephol in front of a few hundred people and the kids.

Few tumbles here and there with the boeps making some guys front heavy. One or two fake pulled hammies halfway through. But all round fun!

Photo finish for first between myself and a cross fit dad. Actually surprised myself, especially being 15-20 kg heavier than some of the streamline guys.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Trying to complete the last few experience hours for my personal trainer course this week. Managed to string together a couple of short jogs between sessions for 300 Vitality points :) and to make sure I at least get a little exercise in for myself!

APoc184

Honorary Master
The reason there is a storm brewing in Pretoria East tonight is because finally I got time to throw some weights around.

Absolute crazy 2weeks at work and after hours with family crisis management.

Felt good.

Screenshot_20191001-184454_Connect.jpeg

APoc184

Honorary Master
Damn... 2 weeks off and so stiff on the first few sprint laps. Got back into the groove the other night last 2km of laps

Screenshot_20191002-183033_Connect.jpeg

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
My first proper strength session in a few weeks. 3 sets, kept to less difficult exercise variations - tricep dips, bodyweight squats, standard pushups, step ups, chinups, glute bridges and hanging knee raises.

Also got in my first 10 minute "mobility WOD" which I'm aiming to make a daily thing and sort out my flexibility/mobility issues once and for all.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Was planning on doing 4 laps around the block. (exactly 5km).

As I finished 2nd lap 6yo daughter was nagging me to join her for some sprints. So ended up doing some support running with her until she gave up.

Screenshot_20191010-192753_Connect.jpeg

InvisibleJim

Expert Member

Workout with 15kg Sandbag today. Deadlifts, bent over rows, hang and clean, front squat, push and press, back squat. finished with 10 minutes of mobility work.

Checked my form in the mirror on the last set and was quite pleased with the squats - not sure if it was the sandbags that made a difference or if my new mobility exercises are having an effect sooner than I expected.

Attachments

InvisibleJim

Expert Member

Monday's workout. Bodyweight routine but I've dropped back to easier variations of some of the exercises. My strength has dropped off the last couple of months as I haven't been able to work out as often. Nearly done with my studies though so hopefully will get back to normal over the next couple of weeks.