The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

APoc184

Honorary Master
is your HRM off? 89 beats for an hour cardio?
I use the cardio setting for tracking weight sessions. Because new Garmin wants me to log sets and reps when using strength training setting. And I prefer using JeFit app for all my tracking.

But Yeah Garmin is really struggling keeping up with weight training HR readings.

Mostly gets it spot on with leg days when wrist movement is minimal. But on all other days it is very inaccurate. Giving rates between 60 and 80 directly after things like deadlifts and barbell rows. When I can feel my heart beating out of chest and manual reading estimates are at 160+.

It is pretty accurate on my sprint days though.

Thinking about getting out the chest strap again to get true readings. But it gets in the way sometimes. And irritates me slightly.

Snyper564

Expert Member
I use the cardio setting for tracking weight sessions. Because new Garmin wants me to log sets and reps when using strength training setting. And I prefer using JeFit app for all my tracking.

But Yeah Garmin is really struggling keeping up with weight training HR readings.

Mostly gets it spot on with leg days when wrist movement is minimal. But on all other days it is very inaccurate. Giving rates between 60 and 80 directly after things like deadlifts and barbell rows. When I can feel my heart beating out of chest and manual reading estimates are at 160+.

It is pretty accurate on my sprint days though.

Thinking about getting out the chest strap again to get true readings. But it gets in the way sometimes. And irritates me slightly.
Ah I see that all makes sense then. I had to retire my chest strap after one of my aforementioned dogs thought it was a chew toy and it read from 10-280 >__<