Egg + A Side

Lunch
Most Probably A Sharwama

Supper
Cheat Meal Prefably A Burger/Pizza

Any idea on how I can improve this?

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
day 3 - 27/13/11/11 - 62 - was rough today i am quite sore.

i am in 2 minds about cancelling my gym subscription and trying to do more of this kind of thing

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
i am in 2 minds about cancelling my gym subscription and trying to do more of this kind of thing
There's a lot to be said for what you can achieve fitness wise with bodyweight exercise alone or with minimal equipment at low cost. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get fit if you don't want to.

Having said that, I do believe that community is a very powerful force in supporting peoples fitness journeys (as well as in other areas of life in fact.) A gym or group classes can be extremely helpful in this respect.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
There's a lot to be said for what you can achieve fitness wise with bodyweight exercise alone or with minimal equipment at low cost. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get fit if you don't want to.

Having said that, I do believe that community is a very powerful force in supporting peoples fitness journeys (as well as in other areas of life in fact.) A gym or group classes can be extremely helpful in this respect.
my big barrier atm is mindset, i often find if i skip a monday the week is rekt, and then the idea of going to the gym distances me from it, feels like a waste atm, i need to make it "easier" so i can get with it again.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
my big barrier atm is mindset, i often find if i skip a monday the week is rekt, and then the idea of going to the gym distances me from it, feels like a waste atm, i need to make it "easier" so i can get with it again.
I'm good at not breaking he rules :) . One of my rules is that I won't skip my set training session unless I absolutely have to.

Sometimes on the days when I really don't feel like it, I'll either go for a run (which requires no thought/planning) or I'll at least do a shorter workout - something is better than nothing.

It's also good if you have a couple of go to short workouts that you can do quickly any time you need to - my main default is a kettle bell and pushup ladder starting from 10 or 15 pushups - do 20 kettlebell swings followed by 10 pushups, then another 20 swings followed by 9 pushups. By the time you have reached one pushup, you have done 200 swings and 55 pushups at +- 250 kcals in probably 10 or 15 minutes

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
What's the plan after?
Right now, not to do any push-ups for a few days :) I've got a couple of aches and tightness from doing this, particularly anterior delts and pecs area so I'm going to let that ease off a bit.

I have some time restrictions on workout days at the moment so I'm going to do a bit more running than strength for a little while, then I want to focus on improving my flexibility and mobility which has always been an issue and needs to be dealt with before I can progress on to more serious calisthenics exercises. Should be an enjoyable journey though!