The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

werny

Expert Member
114.9kg (only down 0.1kg) :crying:

Was just too many birthdays at work last week, and didn't want to be the poephol saying "no" to food every time.... This week it's back to normal, I hope.

marco79

Expert Member
Starting weight 104kg
Week 2 weight 102kg
Week 3 weight 102kg
Total Loss 2kg

I feel my clothes, especially my shirts, are a bit loose. I have a lot more energy and don't get tired during the day.
But my weight stayed the same this last week.

Last week my 12 year old son had a sprained muscle and went to see a GP. He is overweight and the GP had a stern word with my wife about it. And the GP spoke to him about the dangers of his health if he doesn't look after himself now.

Well since last week my son has joined me on the LCHF eating plan. He's lost 2kgs in his first week. He is however a lot more active than I am as he plays soccer before school and during breaks.

Dillan Starting weight 69kg
Week 1 weight 67kg

My wife and daughter (8) decided to join us on our LCHF journey, although my daughter still has some cereal and 2 slices of bread per day (down from 6).
Starting weight 104kg
Week 2 weight 102kg
Week 3 weight 102kg
Week 4 weight 101.5kg
Total Loss 2.5kg

Dillan (son) Starting weight 69kg
Week 1 weight 67kg
Week 2 weight 66kg

A few weeks back my SO brought home some USN ultra low carb meal replacement shake for my to try. I liked the stuff so much, I drank a shake at 7am on my drive to work, instead of replacing my normal low carb breakfast at 10am. Only after trying to find out what Whey is, I realized that I have been avoiding dairy up until 9am and now I'm pumping myself full of dairy early every morning. And I've read that dairy before 9 or 10am stalls or reduces the weight loss process.

So for now I'll drink the remainder of this shakes (probably 1 or 2 weeks supply) at 10am, then go back to 2 boiled eggs and 3 strips of bacon for breakfast.

All of that being said, I feel much better than a few weeks back. It looks like I've lost another cm or 2 and have alot more energy.

My short term goal for the next 2 weeks is hit 100kg before March.

LlamaParty

Good idea this as sometimes the scale lies. I'm on the last hole of my belt this morning!
Definitely, especially if you suddenly become more active, or start doing some weight training. Sounds like it's time for you to go buy a new celebratory belt!