The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Loosing weight there is nothing to do with exercise, Only control your kind of food you are taking

Reduce starch by 100 percent, You will see the outcomes within a week
So there are two people both eat 3000 of the exact same calories a day (same age, height etc), one runs 50km a week the other doesn't do any exercise.

Which one weighs less?

Exercise does effect weight loss, the starch you refer to are carbs and a eating complex carbs (apples, bananas, carrots, whole wheat etc) in a balanced diet will promote weight loss as well give you energy.

Gamer

Expert Member
After 2 weeks in Italy on holiday and lots of the 3 P's (pastries, pizza, pasta), I'm up a few kg's to 102.5 this week. Will smash the excess off now that I'm getting back to routine :thumbsup:

spargish

I know I have been absent from this thread for quite a while. Been a couple months where the weight loss has slowed pace a bit, which has taken a little getting used too. As of this weekend I weighed 149KGs that is a total loss of 85.6kgs. I pretty sure that this is the first time in many, many years that I am actually closer to 100kgs than 200kgs.

Last edited:

Gamer

Expert Member
I know I have been absent from this thread for quite a while. Been a couple months where the weight loss has slowed pace a bit, which has taken a little getting used too. As of this weekend I weighed 149KGs that is a total loss of 85.6kgs. I pretty sure that this is the first time in many, many years that I am actually closer to 100kgs than 200kgs.
Incredible accomplishment, well done!

Arzy

Honorary Master
Been a while since I posted as well, mainly due to a bit of a medical stuff up. Managed to get down to 82kg's which was down 10kg's for the year and 2kg away from my target.

Unfortunately at this point I had an outbreak of Psoriasis. Initially the dr's though it was an allergic reaction to something so I was put on prolonged corticosteroids which effectively assisted in wiping out the weight I had lost. Finally got referred to a dermatologist to be informed that it wasn't an allergy and that the corticosteroids made the situation worse. So now I'm still trying to sort my skin out while starting over with losing weight.

Hannibale

Nice one. I guess I'll share my story here too. I've been sick for various reasons for almost two years. I managed to become a fatso despite all the activities in the past. I visit the gym three times a week. I'm 177 cm now and 100 kg now and I'm thinking that I should change my routine and start running too. My wife does jogging a lot and she advised me that I should start jogging or running too and gave me Amazfit smartwatch as mentioned here, never had one before. Now she tracks how much time I sleep with the app, I guess that was a trap :unsure:
I also watch lots of videos like this to motivate me but the progress is still kinda slow.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Nice one. I guess I'll share my story here too. I've been sick for various reasons for almost two years. I managed to become a fatso despite all the activities in the past. I visit the gym three times a week. I'm 177 cm now and 100 kg now and I'm thinking that I should change my routine and start running too. My wife does jogging a lot and she advised me that I should start jogging or running too and gave me Amazfit smartwatch as mentioned here, never had one before. Now she tracks how much time I sleep with the app, I guess that was a trap :unsure:
I also watch lots of videos like this to motivate me but the progress is still kinda slow.
Awesome but be careful of 2 things running is addictive and never tell a runner they are jogging (must drive your wife crazy :ROFL: ). Do a couple of park runs to see where you fit in the running spectrum we are not all Usain Bolt.

I hadn't run in 15 years and in April I decided to start again I went from 90ish kg's to 72kg's and just finished my first marathon (42km). Hopefully the watch links up with strava because it will make things easier.

For a bit of motivation I highly recommend this video

Good luck

Gamer

Expert Member
I'm in Mauritius since Saturday, won't be home until the 10th, I don't expect my weigh in to look pretty