The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

agustino

I'm fluctuating quite a bit lately, starting to relax more with eating as I'm getting close to my goal weight. 98kg's this morning, I'm sure lots of it is water retention, I've got 3 weeks and it will be 1 year since I changed my lifestyle, I'm going to focus to meet my goal weight by the 1 year mark.
No one tells the truth about reducing weight
It takes a number of weeks to loose Ikg

InvisibleJim

No one tells the truth about reducing weight
It takes a number of weeks to loose Ikg
I'm not sure why you would think that.

If someone is close to their healthy weight then the rate of weight loss will be slower. Even with a lot of weight to lose, a moderate, safe and consistent rate of loss is best but it's entirely possible to lose several Kilos over a number of weeks with a correct diet alone. Even better if you add in some exercise.

There are plenty of people participating in this thread alone who have achieved that by adopting healthier habits. I am sure plenty of people will be happy to share what works for them if that is helpful to you.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Yip create a deficit of 8000 calories in a week and you lose 1kg, really easy to do when you are eating 10 000 calories a day but when you are eating 2000 calories a day it becomes a lot harder.

Sensorei

Expert Member
Yip create a deficit of 8000 calories in a week and you lose 1kg, really easy to do when you are eating 10 000 calories a day but when you are eating 2000 calories a day it becomes a lot harder.
You lose a lot more than 1kg. When you're in a high caloric deficit you first mostly burn up all your glycogen reserves before fat. 1g of glycogen holds 2 to 3g of water. Fat also retains water around the cells.

So you can easily lose 4kg in a week by only burning 1kg of fat. That's why diets airways work so well initially.

agustino

You lose a lot more than 1kg. When you're in a high caloric deficit you first mostly burn up all your glycogen reserves before fat. 1g of glycogen holds 2 to 3g of water. Fat also retains water around the cells.

So you can easily lose 4kg in a week by only burning 1kg of fat. That's why diets airways work so well initially.
I love those controls, But what about ulcers

jouda

Expert Member
I guess its time for a check-in :)

I was 84.1KG this morning. Weight has not moved much in the last 3 months but my belt needs a new hole, so Im happy

InvisibleJim

79.5kg this week.

Was quite well behaved with diet and exercise so was hoping for a better weigh in this week. Will just need to keep on track this week.

Executive Member
been sick recently and saw my weight plummet. Had a week to just eat well and look after myself to regain my lost weight due to illness. Today I'm sitting on my goal of 85kgs though, I also think my weight has "normalized" here.