The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

APoc184

Honorary Master
IF not working for me. I can't sustain it, can't deal with the hunger and end up eating too much at meal times, and snacking on bad ****.
Totally understand as I've had the same happen. Especially when pushing the fasting hours a bit longer.

Since I started sticking to strictly 16/8 and upping fat intake with especially first meal it has gone a lot better in the past 6 weeks.

Have to find what works for you and like you mention, it must be sustainable.

D3nz

Honorary Master
IF not working for me. I can't sustain it, can't deal with the hunger and end up eating too much at meal times, and snacking on bad ****.
If you're interested in an easier way to IF, Google the cruise control method.

APoc184

Honorary Master
94.6kg.

Surprised to have blasted past my original goal set at the beginning of this thread. Feel and look really great at the moment so will keep going. Abs are there but not washboard yet.

Will go for a few more weeks and see where I am at before starting a very slow bulk.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
94.6kg.

Surprised to have blasted past my original goal set at the beginning of this thread. Feel and look really great at the moment so will keep going. Abs are there but not washboard yet.

Will go for a few more weeks and see where I am at before starting a very slow bulk.
Well done man... well done!

APoc184

Honorary Master
Thanks @Sinbad. Must say comments like yours and comments from clients, friends and family noticing the changes certainly do help with keeping on track.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Putting out some feelers here but how many of you guys do or have tried the Apple Cider Vinegar thing?

By that I mean a gulp once or twice a day.

Been reading up a lot about the many claimed benefits and obviously hunger cravings and blood pressure benefits are speaking directly to me.
Certainly cheap enough to give it a go.

saor

Honorary Master
Putting out some feelers here but how many of you guys do or have tried the Apple Cider Vinegar thing?

Been reading up a lot about the many claimed benefits and obviously hunger cravings and blood pressure benefits are speaking directly to me.
If you do, try the unfiltered one.
Tastes way better than the regular safari stuff.
https://www.dischem.co.za/hc-apple-cider-vinegar-unfiltered-500ml
https://www.dischem.co.za/shop-by-department/food/whole-foods/general/no-name

Fcon_Vpro

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/forefront/health-and-wellness-articles/2018/august/debunking-the-health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar

Ive tried it but I didnt notice anything different. However, I only did 15ml a day. Maybe I should try 30ml as suggested. But based on this article, it speaks directly to my experience with it.

Gamer

Expert Member
Well done. That's amazing.
Thanks!
I'm now my lowest weight in 18 years. I feel incredible and my health is better than it's been in probably 23 odd years. My resting heart rate has decreased 13bpm over the last 9 months, I've been able to drop chronic cholesterol medication completely since November 2018, my BP is well within norms now (still on HBP meds, but even on the meds, it used to be very high and a constant concern), I no longer snore (and it used to be a major problem for my wife), my BMI has just recently fallen into the Overweight category from an all time high of Class III obese.
Took me a while, but I'm really glad I made the life change!

Gamer

Expert Member
111.3 kg.

Had a seriously messed up couple of months food wise, culminating in going back up over 114kg last monday.

Back on track now with IF and low carb. Results incredible, and sustainable for my weekend sailing trips which are a challenge normally.
Thanks again @Sinbad for this recommendation of sorts. I ordered one from Raru (R497.00 including delivery!!) and it arrived today. Jumped on my old dumb scale and then straight on the Huawei one and there was a 100 gram difference. I am content that I can transition between the two for next week Mondays weigh in and maintain fairly accurate/consistent weight readings.

At the price, it may be worth considering for some of you before it reverts to normal R799+!
Annotation 2019-07-23 145918.jpg

Fcon_Vpro

Thanks again @Sinbad for this recommendation of sorts. I ordered one from Raru (R497.00 including delivery!!) and it arrived today. Jumped on my old dumb scale and then straight on the Huawei one and there was a 100 gram difference. I am content that I can transition between the two for next week Mondays weigh in and maintain fairly accurate/consistent weight readings.

At the price, it may be worth considering for some of you before it reverts to normal R799+!
View attachment 687491
Thanks for posting the deal. I ordered from Raru as well. Almost paid R900 a few months back.