The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

Gamer

Expert Member
Totally understand as I've had the same happen. Especially when pushing the fasting hours a bit longer.

Since I started sticking to strictly 16/8 and upping fat intake with especially first meal it has gone a lot better in the past 6 weeks.

Have to find what works for you and like you mention, it must be sustainable.
@APoc184 , do you mind sharing examples of fats that you're eating please? I seem to be struggling with this a bit.

APoc184

Honorary Master
@APoc184 , do you mind sharing examples of fats that you're eating please? I seem to be struggling with this a bit.
Sure.

We do lots of cheese (gouda, mozzarella, halloumi mostly).
Avo (when it is affordable)
Mayo
Bacon
Creamy/Buttery sauces
Fatty biltong for snacks
Steak and chicken with the fat and skin on.

Gamer

Expert Member
Sure.

We do lots of cheese (gouda, mozzarella, halloumi mostly).
Avo (when it is affordable)
Mayo
Bacon
Creamy/Buttery sauces
Fatty biltong for snacks
Steak and chicken with the fat and skin on.
Great thanks, some practical ideas there. I've been stuck on avo and nuts (which are very expensive).

APoc184

Honorary Master
Great thanks, some practical ideas there. I've been stuck on avo and nuts (which are very expensive).
Indeed.

Lunch for me is almost always a salad. Always has cheese in and then either smoked chicken, smoked cheese grillers, bacon, eggs or left over steak strips as protein. Mainly use mayo or a creamy salad dressing over it then.

Dinner nice chunk of fatty type meat and veggies with buttery/creamy sauces or toppings.

Executive Member
To make up for the winter weather, I've increase my steps per day from 10K to 12K. It's seems to be working well.

Lost just over a KG last week. Currently at 87.2 (2.2Kgs to go!). Hoping to reach the target by end of August.

The odd hot day has had me in t-shirts, they are feeling big and I'm noticeably thinner in them.

Gamer

Expert Member
I'm fluctuating quite a bit lately, starting to relax more with eating as I'm getting close to my goal weight. 98kg's this morning, I'm sure lots of it is water retention, I've got 3 weeks and it will be 1 year since I changed my lifestyle, I'm going to focus to meet my goal weight by the 1 year mark.

InvisibleJim

80.4kg this week. On the plus side, the scale says it is mainly muscle and I'm still comfortably on the last notch on my belt which is slightly reassuring. Can feel that I've picked up some BF as well though.

Executive Member
Currently at 86.4Kg, 1.4Kgs to go... I should be good by the end of the month! :D

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Indeed.

Lunch for me is almost always a salad. Always has cheese in and then either smoked chicken, smoked cheese grillers, bacon, eggs or left over steak strips as protein. Mainly use mayo or a creamy salad dressing over it then.

Dinner nice chunk of fatty type meat and veggies with buttery/creamy sauces or toppings.
Which Mayo are you using?

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
Usually NOLA. And when I find Woolies Mayo on special I will get that.
Hellman's also very nice but very pricey!
Any specific type, or literally grab a jar of Nola and go?
Sorry only been doing keto a month and still a little unsure about a bunch of stuff.

APoc184

Honorary Master
Any specific type, or literally grab a jar of Nola and go?
Sorry only been doing keto a month and still a little unsure about a bunch of stuff.
I usually check the Nutritional Info on the label and go for the one with the lowest carb count.
Have bought the reduced oil one quiet a few times and it isn't bad at all. But usually go for the fattier option.

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
I usually check the Nutritional Info on the label and go for the one with the lowest carb count.
Have bought the reduced oil one quiet a few times and it isn't bad at all. But usually go for the fattier option.
Awesome, thanks!