The Banting/LCHF Thread

rietrot

Honorary Master
There's your problem. Your body was ejecting all the ketones in your pee instead of burning them for fuel after you had that McFlurry. Pee ketones are notoriously inaccurate. You shouldn't be peeing out your fuel source once you're fat-adapted.
If you have an oversupply you should be peeing it out. That's why it works to lose weight.

3WA

Expert Member
So I have been on KETO and fasting for about 5 months now. Every time I do a pee tests there is color is that a bad thing?
No I don't think it's a bad thing, just that having ketones in pee doesn't necessarily mean you're in ketosis (especially after a sugary snack). Lots of people stop seeing the peetones after they're fat-adapted, but doesn't seem like something to worry about if you still get them.

But if you stop seeing them, and then see them again after a binge, it means you got kicked out of ketosis.

rietrot

Honorary Master
How would you pee out excess weight? That would mean your body is burning fat beyond what it needs for energy.
Because it isn't 100% efficient. It can not make just the right amount of ketones and hope you don't do something like walk a few extra steps.

COMPUTEK

Expert Member
Starting the low/no carb thing again as of today.

I also want to look into this fasting business? ... who can point me to a short video or read (hate reading) on fasting for beginners/dummies ?? :p

spargish

I'm sure most of you are aware of the PTA Banting market, but for anyone starting out, the first one for 2019 is tomorrow at the PTA Botanical Gardens. I have found quite a few things at the market that have become staples in my pantry. Also Bacon "donuts"

bokka1

Expert Member
I saw this on One Day Only:

https://www.onedayonly.co.za/21-day-keto-challenge.html

I don't see that as a keto diet.

As examples as some of the meals:

• 2 x Boerewors Breedie with Sweet Potato Mash & Green Beans
  • 3 x Mediterranean Chicken with Roast Vegetables & Quinoa
  • 2 x Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-Fry with Brown Basmati Rice
  • 5 x Fillet Steak with roast potatoes and stir-fried veg
  • 1 x Chicken Pesto with Wholewheat Penne Pasta
And a maybe: