The Banting/LCHF Thread

Sinbad

Honorary Master
For everything, look at glycaemic carbs if you're counting carbs.

Noob-Noob

Executive Member
For everything, look at glycaemic carbs if you're counting carbs.

So in terms of Castle light, 2 glycaemic carbs per 330ml :D:love:

Castle light is my least favorite beer.
But compared to no beer at all, Castle Light is heavenly...

SlowInternet

Executive Member
So in terms of Castle light, 2 glycaemic carbs per 330ml :D:love:

Castle light is my least favorite beer.
But compared to no beer at all, Castle Light is heavenly...

So a Castle Lite is fine every now and then ?

I am also a whiskey drinker but hell when it is so hot there's nothing better than an ice cold beer :D

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Hahaha....for me 4 weeks now. I'm starting to hear voices, my beer is calling my name. I'm still sitting with 2 mixed cases of craft beer.

My half empty bottle of Klipdrift Black Gold winks at me every night.

I really shouldn't keep it in the kitchen display cabinet :p

Had a piece of Lindt 90%. Wife says it taste very bitter, for me almost too sweet. Guess that's what happens when you don't eat sugar anymore.

RanzB

Honorary Master
Had a piece of Lindt 90%. Wife says it taste very bitter, for me almost too sweet. Guess that's what happens when you don't eat sugar anymore.

Definitely. I used to hate dark chocolate, now I can't even imagine my reaction to sweet milk chocolate. Another nice side effect is that you can taste the nuances of different food and their natural sweetness.

FlashSA

Executive Member

Yeah it is amazing, as Randhir says, how your tastebuds respond to real food - I find coffee incredibly flavoursome now as I used to drink it for the 3 teaspoons of sugar back in the day.

The other great thing about 85-90% dark chocolate is I can eat it in front of my 3yo daughter - she learnt the hard way that it is miff to her :)

Yeah it is amazing, as Randhir says, how your tastebuds respond to real food - I find coffee incredibly flavoursome now as I used to drink it for the 3 teaspoons of sugar back in the day.

The other great thing about 85-90% dark chocolate is I can eat it in front of my 3yo daughter - she learnt the hard way that it is miff to her :)
Same about the coffee with me too. I cant imagine putting sugar in my coffee now, after I used to take 3 sugars as well.

When I have coffee and milk, I actually miss the saltiness of my BPC :D

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Same about the coffee with me too. I cant imagine putting sugar in my coffee now, after I used to take 3 sugars as well.

When I have coffee and milk, I actually miss the saltiness of my BPC :D

I've been drinking my coffee black with no suger for the last 20 years.

P

Picard

Congrats. Here's a noddy badge.

Here's a real noddy badge

20081204_055421_Noddy_Badge.jpg

swift412

I'm loving the Lindt 90% too, I get to eat a block of real chocolate everyday while still losing weight? Yes please :love: