The Banting/LCHF Thread

KingBel

Expert Member
Haven't been very strict over the last few days.. mostly due to irregular eating schedules.. gonna pick this up again in earnest when I get back from Thailand in 2 weeks time.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
sorry what? did somebody say bacon? *awakes from slumber*

Bacon‽ Who summoned me?

baconjam2.jpg

:p

Already been told that you can get away with not using the brown sugar in the bacon jam but the spot of whisky and the maple syrup is a must. So eish, will have to just use a weeny bit of both. Can't forego this!

FlashSA

Executive Member
Friday tip from me: Woolworths Liver and onion spread. Reasonable, ingredient safe and AWESOME on top of the RMR seed crackers.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Last week I lost 1kg after 2 weeks of losing nothing. Best of all is that last week I cheated a few times and the 2 weeks when I lost nothing I did not cheat at all.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
What do you guys eat for breakfast? I don't have freakin' time for eggs and bacon and stuff every morning.

All the cereals seem high in sugar.

bob1

I prepare my bacon and eggs every evening with supper and just microwave it at work for a minute. Add an avo to that and I'm set till supper.

Supersonicbaron

What do you guys eat for breakfast? I don't have freakin' time for eggs and bacon and stuff every morning.

I'm doing two hard boiled eggs every morning, it's getting old I must say. I'm gonna think about preparing some stuff the evening before

Cereals is a definite no. Any cereal.

Fortunately I have a wonderful wife who makes me bacon and eggs every morning :D

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
Bacon and egg muffins (a dozen or 2 lasts a good couple days) with avo or anything. I vary with bran smoothies every other day so it keeps things 'fresh'

chromedome

Expert Member

Homemade granola with double cream yoghurt and a few strawberries sliced into it. Leftover braai's another.