The Banting/LCHF Thread

Better than the R41-95 PnP want for a 100g Lindt slab now - they are mad!

Is Lindt not part of their brand match? They should give you discount then for the next purchase if I understand the whole thing correctly.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Is Lindt not part of their brand match? They should give you discount then for the next purchase if I understand the whole thing correctly.

There were no brand match banners anywhere near the Lindt shelves so I doubt it.

Sinbad

Honorary Master

Jirre, don't get me started on that publicity stunt.

If they know the price is lower, then they shoud just ****ing lower their price! None of these stupid paper voucher things that you lose before you next go there, or forget about, or whatever.

FlashSA

Executive Member
While we are on the subject of burning us low carbers - Nature's Choice Macadamia Nut butter (which I consider to be the best tasting of them all) cannot be found for under R99 per 410g bottle. Last year Dischem had a special where you could get them for R45!

Someone is printing money at our expense now that they know these products are moving fast.

Also, NEVER buy the Dischem branded Macadamia Nut butter - tastes vile to me. Oh Mega is decent if you can find it.

Jirre, don't get me started on that publicity stunt.

If they know the price is lower, then they shoud just ****ing lower their price! None of these stupid paper voucher things that you lose before you next go there, or forget about, or whatever.

haha a bit over passionate about the issue i'd say :D

While we are on the subject of burning us low carbers - Nature's Choice Macadamia Nut butter (which I consider to be the best tasting of them all) cannot be found for under R99 per 410g bottle. Last year Dischem had a special where you could get them for R45!

Someone is printing money at our expense now that they know these products are moving fast.

Also, NEVER buy the Dischem branded Macadamia Nut butter - tastes vile to me. Oh Mega is decent if you can find it.

Clover for the win! :D

FuLL_MeT4L

Expert Member
I had an operation on my hip 2 weeks ago and I can't really cook with crutches. I ran out of my pre-made LCHF frozen lunch food today.

Solution: I ate a whole big bag of those cheap Willards Crinkle Cut chips. I regret this decision.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I made pita bread with almond flour and then used 2 of them as pizza bases, worked out wonderfully. Family friend told me about almond flour scones that are made with bacon jam, trying them this weekend hopefully

Deep78

Expert Member
I made pita bread with almond flour and then used 2 of them as pizza bases, worked out wonderfully. Family friend told me about almond flour scones that are made with bacon jam, trying them this weekend hopefully

can you post the recipe for the almond pita breads? would love to try it out

running out of things to try ... 13kg in 5 weeks so far!

Deep78

Expert Member
Doing better than me! Damn Clarens beer festival!

just keep at it ... i seem to be slowing down on the losses as well but from what i've read
its normal, just gotta keep doing it till u see more.