The Banting/LCHF Thread

SmartKit

SmartKit Rep
I'm also on LCHF and the constipation is an issue for me. The energy we know comes from the animal fat and it lasts longer than what a carb diet will give you.

Read this thread thoroughly, there are plenty of ways to overcome constipation - psyllum husks and plenty of water is best.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Read this thread thoroughly, there are plenty of ways to overcome constipation - psyllum husks and plenty of water is best.

Yip!

I drink plenty of water and make sure that 1 meal a day includes either some seed crackers (which have plenty of fibre and added psyllium husk in) or some almonds......

Works for me - I go to the toilet when I wake up and when I get home from work. I drink a Nespresso at my desk at 7am and another at 5pm when I get home.

rrh

Expert Member

Go to Clicks or Dis-Chem and ask for a "natural" laxative: they are very gentle.

That said, I only used them when I was still eating carbs !

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
B_qNma-UIAAZSQ-.png

APoc184

Honorary Master
Dry Lemon used to be my favourite. Haven't had one in a year and a half now.

Loumina

I've been banting for the past 10 days now and lost 4.5kg already.
Is this too fast? Or...
Just asking. I'm new to this diet type.

FlashSA

Executive Member
I've been banting for the past 10 days now and lost 4.5kg already.
Is this too fast? Or...
Just asking. I'm new to this diet type.

Water weight - very normal. Keep drinking lots of water and don't skimp on adding salt to your food. If your body flushes too much salt out you will experience insane leg cramps at night while you are in bed.

Loumina

Water weight - very normal. Keep drinking lots of water and don't skimp on adding salt to your food. If your body flushes too much salt out you will experience insane leg cramps at night while you are in bed.
Haven't had those cramps I must say.
But my body is struggling with this ketosis state. I feel very weak and dizzy some time to time. And when I do, I eat some almonds and a piece or 2 of Laughing Cow cheese. It helps, but not that much.
What do you guys do (or did) when it happens? I know it will pass. But in the meantime?

FlashSA

Executive Member
But my body is struggling with this ketosis state. I feel very weak and dizzy some time to time. And when I do, I eat some almonds and a piece or 2 of Laughing Cow cheese. It helps, but not that much.
What do you guys do (or did) when it happens? I know it will pass. But in the meantime?

I have been on the wagon for over 6 months now without cheating (apart from 2x burgar king and 1x mcD in Cape Town while on holiday) so have not had low carb flu again since. BUT, when I did come back onto the wagon last year I had insane headaches. I popped 6-8 panado for 3 days just to see straight - it was a good thing though because I won't forget that pain - it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I have read that a cup of hot water with bovril in or bone broth helps - lack of salt is a big part of why you are feeling rubbish. 2 weeks time you will feel awesome!

Loumina

I have been on the wagon for over 6 months now without cheating (apart from 2x burgar king and 1x mcD in Cape Town while on holiday) so have not had low carb flu again since. BUT, when I did come back onto the wagon last year I had insane headaches. I popped 6-8 panado for 3 days just to see straight - it was a good thing though because I won't forget that pain - it keeps me on the straight and narrow.

I have read that a cup of hot water with bovril in or bone broth helps - lack of salt is a big part of why you are feeling rubbish. 2 weeks time you will feel awesome!

Thanks for the tip!
Big up to you! 6 months without cheating? I will be very skinny if the weight loss goes for 4.5kg/10days and I do that for 6 months. I only need to lose 15 - 20 kg.

Don't think that Laughing Cow cheese is good, is it? Aren't we supposed to only eat the hard cheeses and no processed stuff?