The Brexit Thread

Dave

Honorary Master
Thanks, I did read this earlier, I think its deplorable. Seems deliberate though?

I'd agree, but I cannot think of any rational reason why they'd do that.

The government has wasted hundreds of millions on unnecessary crap yet ignores what is a smallish amount in the grand scheme of things that will benefit the country no matter what the talks outcome is.

It's almost like Boris & co want chaos on the 1st...

AdrianH

Expert Member
This is all a bit desperate. Remainers haven't been in charge of the UK government since mid-July 2016. At some point you'll have to find another scapegoat, because I realise it's beyond Brexiteers' ability to ever take responsibility for the consequences of their own actions.

And your little bit of snowflakery at Sue Perkins shows you're grasping.

I think I will leave this here :)

Thanks for the debate and not throwing insults around like others have when having discussions about opposing opinions.

AdrianH

Expert Member
I'd agree, but I cannot think of any rational reason why they'd do that.

The government has wasted hundreds of millions on unnecessary crap yet ignores what is a smallish amount in the grand scheme of things that will benefit the country no matter what the talks outcome is.

It's almost like Boris & co want chaos on the 1st...

So what do you think they will do with the £33k? :laugh:

Dave

Honorary Master
One of the scary things is looking at the current congestion at the port now (21:00 on a Wednesday night). That's without all the possible problems in just over 2 weeks time.

56FAC582-1BD6-4CE5-A5FB-41AECAAA02AA.jpeg

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
I think I will leave this here :)

Thanks for the debate and not throwing insults around like others have when having discussions about opposing opinions.
What insults? Me noticing that you pretending to be upset by a Sue Perkins tweet is unlikely to be sincere? Come on, man.

AdrianH

Expert Member
What insults? Me noticing that you pretending to be upset by a Sue Perkins tweet is unlikely to be sincere? Come on, man.

I was being sincere. I quite enjoyed the backwards and forwards, so seriously, thanks for not dropping to that level like myBB does at times.

Dave

Honorary Master
I see some older Tories aren't all that happy about the way Brexit is going, probably making it unfair to tar all Conservatives as mad Brexiters. This is an opinion piece Michael Heseltine has just written.

I believe that it will be seen as a Tory measure and I will have nothing to do with it. This government will be – and should be – held responsible for quite simply the worst peacetime decision of modern times. I know of members of the cabinet who believe this as firmly as I do. I cannot understand their silence.

So we are where we are. Christmas is upon us and before the country goes back to work we are on our own. Sovereign, in charge, control regained. None of that creates a single job, one pound’s worth of investment or any rise in living standards. We will have risked our trading relationship with the world’s largest market on our doorstep, which accounts for nearly half our imports and exports.

Yet we are constantly told of a glorious tomorrow. All that is missing is a shred of evidence or a single fact.

AdrianH

Expert Member
I see some older Tories aren't all that happy about the way Brexit is going, probably making it unfair to tar all Conservatives as mad Brexiters. This is an opinion piece Michael Heseltine has just written.

I recall last year when Boris warned the MPs if they stand against him, they would be sacked. Some of them did exactly that and got sacked, which means for a lot of them their political career came to an abrupt end, as well as the sacking that happened this year.

So either the MPs are more interested in their own careers than standing up for what the believe in, or Michael Heseltine is mistaken. Look, they get free booze in parliament bars don't they, they aren't going to give that up?

Last edited:

Dave

Honorary Master
I recall last year when Boris warned the MPs if they stand against him, they would be sacked. Some of them did exactly that and got sacked, which means for a lot of them their political career came to an abrupt end, as well as the sacking that happened this year.

So either the MPs are more interested in their own careers than standing up for what the believe in, or Michael Heseltine is mistaken. Look, they get free booze in parliament bars don't they, they aren't going to give that up?

Heseltine is now in the Lords, so is in a job for life. Maybe that's why he feels he can be so far off the party line.