The Cannabis Thread

Surv0

Executive Member
I have the atmos jump vaporizer. I honestly don't like it. It does not make high at all. After the 5th or 6th time I pack it, it starts hurting my lungs big time. I cough uncontrollably and the unit gets hot AF.
As you said, I think its nice for beginners. If you have a high tolerance you are going to waste a lot of weed in an effort to feel anything.
If the vape doesnt have a dial to change the temp, stay far away from it. most end up burning too hot and the vape you get is rough AF, as you put it. Burns your throat, not really from heat though but just rough. Like hitting a bong with stale bong smoke in, possibly mixed with some tobacco.. rancid horrible feeling in your throat. I used to smoke mix, many many moons ago... id often get sick as a result.. body didnt do well with nicotine.

Generally cannabis needs a lower temp, compared to a higher one and many vapes just fry the bud.

Lament

Executive Member
Good thing its now legalised, smoking joints is A-OK :)

I dont mix tobacco, try stay clear of the stuff. Ive just have a really high tolerance, I think as a result of me smoking and doing stuff like mountain biking, working, DIY, gardening, gaming etc etc.. I tend to smoke and need to do something rather than just sit being stoned. This means I tend to smoke more than normal because the more you do, the faster your body metabolises the compounds and you start to sober up in a sense.

I have a little glass pipe in my car, at my computer desk and in my travel bag. Takes some getting used to when it comes to inhaling, as the smoke may be warm and some people may struggle, but I like it.
Lol, Look I have never really given a rats ass if my neighbors smell it or not. My concern has always been when family or my folks stops by, legal or not they wont be impressed o_O

When I go around the flea market again I will get me a pipe and see how it goes.

Surv0

Executive Member
Lol, Look I have never really given a rats ass if my neighbors smell it or not. My concern has always been when family or my folks stops by, legal or not they wont be impressed o_O

When I go around the flea market again I will get me a pipe and see how it goes.
Most tobacconists sell them. Ill get a pic of one of mine for reference. They are fairly generic and most seem to sell them.

Im lucky, I think all my neighbours smoke, and me and my direct neighbour help each other out with plants/seeds and places to store the plants if we get paranoid.

You know, its more a case of who doesnt smoke these days, especially in CPT, compared to people who dont smoke.. quickly becoming the minority.

Lament

Executive Member
If the vape doesnt have a dial to change the temp, stay far away from it. most end up burning too hot and the vape you get is rough AF, as you put it. Burns your throat, not really from heat though but just rough. Like hitting a bong with stale bong smoke in, possibly mixed with some tobacco.. rancid horrible feeling in your throat. I used to smoke mix, many many moons ago... id often get sick as a result.. body didnt do well with nicotine.

Generally cannabis needs a lower temp, compared to a higher one and many vapes just fry the bud.
Yeah the one I have does not have a dial. The adjustable ones are very expensive, Before I bought this one I did read a few reviews and watched a few youtube vids and most people said the best Entry Level is the Atmos Jump (cost like 1k). The reviews on the unit was also good. But in all honesty is a POS.
@mister has showed me a different "tank" i can just screw onto my existing normal vape. So end of this month i'm going to buy/try that. Luckily my Vape is a proper unit. (SMOK procolor).

Surv0

Executive Member
Yeah the one I have does not have a dial. The adjustable ones are very expensive, Before I bought this one I did read a few reviews and watched a few youtube vids and most people said the best Entry Level is the Atmos Jump (cost like 1k). The reviews on the unit was also good. But in all honesty is a POS.
@mister has showed me a different "tank" i can just screw onto my existing normal vape. So end of this month i'm going to buy/try that. Luckily my Vape is a proper unit. (SMOK procolor).
https://vapestore.co.za/vapolution-20 - This is what I have, good bang for buck. I wasnt going to spend 5k on a something fancy, this does the trick nicely and you can buy attachments for wax etc.

Ive also got a Dr Dabber Aurora as a wax pen, its ok... dont think it works for herb, but the coils tend to gunk up and cleaning them is tricky without breaking the elements.

Ive gone right back to being simple.. so much nicer :p

KantSnyer

Joint man here, been smoking for years and getting high is no longer the primary goal. Enjoy the taste, smoothness etc. of smoking like enjoying a good whisky.

I find using anything that goes straight to the lungs like bongs/vapes too harsh and the coughing fit is not worth it.

For the smokers what papers do you use? Have settled on the Rizla Natura Hemp papers can be found at most Spars.

Surv0

Executive Member
Joint man here, been smoking for years and getting high is no longer the primary goal. Enjoy the taste, smoothness etc. of smoking like enjoying a good whisky.

I find using anything that goes straight to the lungs like bongs/vapes too harsh and the coughing fit is not worth it.

For the smokers what papers do you use? Have settled on the Rizla Natura Hemp papers can be found at most Spars.
Agreed, terpenoids are everything.

Interesting, havent tried Natura hemp paper, will try these out. I like the smoking green the best, thinner the better.

-TachyonRSA

The few times I do smoke joints I also tend to go for the the Rizla that can be bought from Spar otherwise I use RAW Connoisseur Paper.

KantSnyer

Agreed, terpenoids are everything.

Interesting, havent tried Natura hemp paper, will try these out. I like the smoking green the best, thinner the better.
Give them a go, very thin...been a while since I've used Smoking Green but the Rizla's are definitely thinner than Pure Hemp

Grimspoon

Executive Member

I too am a joint man. Although I do use my volcano almost every day. I use OCB Slims with the filters.

Eti1

Expert Member
After years of joints, bongs, and pipes, I now have the best time with only my Dynavap M. Daily multiple best times.

No dials, but with a bit of practice the temp can be controlled.

mister

Executive Member
More Seed Options: (got this list from a facebook group vote)

Trophy Seeds +22
AmaDeadly Seeds +12
SeedSide +9
Pachamama Seeds +6
Biltong And Budz +4
SeedWorx Laboratories
Cannabis Seeds South Africa/Medical Cannabis Seedbank South Africa
Green Smoke Room Seeds
Wake ‘N Bake
Hero Seeds
African Smoke Head Shop
Farmacy Seeds