The iOS 12 Thread/Discussion

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
I’ve done the .ipsw iTunes update in the past, works perfectly (and is probably the better option with a big update). I’ve seen posts on MacRumours who’ve done it this evening and say it works perfectly.

The .ipsw is pulled directly from Apple servers, so no scope for anyone to do anything funny with the update.

I had the OTA update as I’d been running the beta since beta 5.
Pulled the ipsw, loaded into iTunes, installed - everything up and running - first impressions are good - running smoothly.

Dave

Honorary Master
Pulled the ipsw, loaded into iTunes, installed - everything up and running - first impressions are good - running smoothly.
Good to hear, I might still do a restore using the .ipsw and iTunes to get a clean install, I’ve been running the beta for a while so it’s pribably clogged with all the diagnosis logs and other crap the betas generate.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Installing on the Watch 3 took quite some time. Still smooth, tried launching the Workout app a few times and it seemed to be responsive. Much better than the usual frozen screen for 30 seconds on OS4.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I've installed the GM on my 7 but I'm going to wait for the normal release before I install it on my kids phones. Looking forward to being able to set reasonable but finite limits on those apps they tend to overindulge in. I'm looking at you Whatsapp and PubG.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Installing on the Watch 3 took quite some time. Still smooth, tried launching the Workout app a few times and it seemed to be responsive. Much better than the usual frozen screen for 30 seconds on OS4.
Watch updates are always very slow - iPadPro also went very quickly.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Did you get the new breathe watchface?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
I made another attempt to install beta 10 and the touchscreen still doesn't work after installation, had to restore it again.

The screen has been replaced, it might not be supported somehow.

Will wait for the final release.

Dave

Honorary Master
I made another attempt to install beta 10 and the touchscreen still doesn't work after installation, had to restore it again.

The screen has been replaced, it might not be supported somehow.

Will wait for the final release.
Why not try the GM (which is the final release) via an iTunes install?

whatwhat

Executive Member
Actually only noticed the Apple TV shortcut on the control center now.

Not a fan of the ATV4K remote but at least this is easy to use if I am too lazy to get the remote.