The iOS 12 Thread/Discussion

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Tried to upgrade twice to the GM and touchscreen irresponsive and had to restore twice.

There’s definitely a problem with my non original screen and iOS 12.

I receive the X soon so not a major issue anyway.

Last edited:

SharkBait

Executive Member
7pm our time normally, think it is the same this time
Thank you, thought as much. :)

Tried to upgrade twice to the GM and touchscreen irresponsible and had to restore twice.

I will upgrade tonight and give my feedback as well, as I also have had my screen replaced. Also waiting for the new Xs Max to land here. :)

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Tried to upgrade twice to the GM and touchscreen irresponsive and had to restore twice.

My son also had his iPhone 6 screen replaced - touch wood - had no issues with the upgrade.

whatwhat

Executive Member
Battery life on IOS 12 GM isn't that great, need to be on low power mode the whole day to get home at about 30%. Nothing else has changed in terms of apps or behaviour how I use the phone.

And no, it does not take days to reindex causing battery drain after a IOS upgrade. At most a day or so, and it also depends from what previous version you have upgraded otherwise no re-indexing is needed.

SwiftKey is still terribly laggy when launching though. And their autocorrect is just getting worse.

creeper

Expert Member
Battery life on IOS 12 GM isn't that great, need to be on low power mode the whole day to get home at about 30%. Nothing else has changed in terms of apps or behaviour how I use the phone.

And no, it does not take days to reindex causing battery drain after a IOS upgrade. At most a day or so, and it also depends from what previous version you have upgraded otherwise no re-indexing is needed.

SwiftKey is still terribly laggy when launching though. And their autocorrect is just getting worse.
Same here. GM battery drain is bad. Lost 30% overnight. In terms of keyboards. I developed a keyboard as a joke a while back. Switching to it is laggy from iOS10. And it isn’t even a complicated keyboard.

Apogee

The public version of iOS 12 is now available via all the channels.

As expected the build is the same as the GM, so if you have that installed you are good to go.

SharkBait

Executive Member
Updated and the only issue I have thus far, is that my phone did not charge at all, since the update. Not using an original Apple charger though, so wonder if it is that...