The Middle East Conflict Thread

So who is in agreement to ask the mods to close this thread? I think we can all agree to disagree and avoid the personal issues. If there is a major development in the conflict we can start a new thread, but my vote is that this one is done.

We have pretty much both sides stated our cases and we know pretty well where each other is coming from.
 
I must admit, I shop at MIA's in Woodmead, know they are very religious Muslims and dont really have an issue with that. I am happy to support them, their pricing is good, their service is good.
Granted we may have very different views on religion and world politics but does that really factor when I purchase something?
Not really, it is not a conscious decision and wouldnt really like to make it one.

agree Marine ... and we should not ...
 
So who is in agreement to ask the mods to close this thread? I think we can all agree to disagree and avoid the personal issues. If there is a major development in the conflict we can start a new thread, but my vote is that this one is done.

We have pretty much both sides stated our cases and we know pretty well where each other is coming from.

yup, in the end we are and in general the people on this forum are the best of people out there ... (this my opinion) ... dont want people getting banned and **** ...

EDIT: ya got my vote to close it ... you guys can reply on my thread on shoes :D
 
So who is in agreement to ask the mods to close this thread? I think we can all agree to disagree and avoid the personal issues. If there is a major development in the conflict we can start a new thread, but my vote is that this one is done.

We have pretty much both sides stated our cases and we know pretty well where each other is coming from.
once again in agreement with you.
 
I rarely hear of people funding e.g. Hamas to be honest but u never know.., people do like to sponsor org's like Gift of the givers which is just a humanitarian aid org(which does a lot of work in Sa and africa too). I wonder if they will be sending aid up.. I don't think they've done things there before.

Anyways.. like i said, some big companies in SA have made it clear where their donations are going.
 
I rarely hear of people funding e.g. Hamas to be honest but u never know.., people do like to sponsor org's like Gift of the givers which is just a humanitarian aid org(which does a lot of work in Sa and africa too). I wonder if they will be sending aid up.. I don't think they've done things there before.

Anyways.. like i said, some big companies in SA have made it clear where their donations are going.


i used Hamas as an example ... but sir, you indeed correct!
 
So who is in agreement to ask the mods to close this thread? I think we can all agree to disagree and avoid the personal issues. If there is a major development in the conflict we can start a new thread, but my vote is that this one is done.

We have pretty much both sides stated our cases and we know pretty well where each other is coming from.

No point, the war will likely either be over prior to American inauguration or drag on a bit longer. Starting a new thread will just drag out the usual bias again.. I prefer it to be confined to one thread.
 
I must admit, I shop at MIA's in Woodmead, know they are very religious Muslims and dont really have an issue with that. I am happy to support them, their pricing is good, their service is good.
Granted we may have very different views on religion and world politics but does that really factor when I purchase something?
Not really, it is not a conscious decision and wouldnt really like to make it one.

agree Marine ... and we should not ...

Agreed, we should shop on price and service etc, not on who the people that own or run the shop are.
 
Thats the difference between us and them I suppose, I agree with you. I will not however support a store that has a picture in all its "glory" of a mass murderer. It is an insult to the 2000 people who died.

Many of the victims were in fact Muslim. Add to that tens of thousands killed in Iraq of which the overwhelming majority were Muslim. That's what makes it all the more tragic :(
 
Agreed, we should shop on price and service etc, not on who the people that own or run the shop are.

How about the people who belong on either side of the fence comment?
Ie if you Jewish or Muslim...
 
How about the people who belong on either side of the fence comment?
Ie if you Jewish or Muslim...

Do you mean if a Jewish person were to shop in a Muslim shop or vice versa? Either way I think the same should apply, you can't just assume that e.g. because someone's Muslim they support Hamas or because they're Jewish they support Israeli actions.
 
Do you mean if a Jewish person were to shop in a Muslim shop or vice versa? Either way I think the same should apply, you can't just assume that e.g. because someone's Muslim they support Hamas or because they're Jewish they support Israeli actions.

Well said!
 
I guess you guys are the pawns in the retail industry.
Get in there for a few years, find out who the players are and how they play.
Then comment!
 
JK8, the part missing from you sig makes the quote more reasonable
"There were no such thing as Palestinians. When was there an independent Palestinian people with a Palestinian state? It was either southern Syria before the First World War, and then it was a Palestine including Jordan. It was not as though there was a Palestinian people in Palestine considering itself as a Palestinian people and we came and threw them out and took their country away from them. They did not exist."
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X