The negativity towards Cool Ideas

rog163

I see cool ideas has sent out the SOS to there fanboys, can’t start any thread about cool ideas before the blind followers show up

dotdan

We fired off a flare.

And to think I didn't even start this thread to fanboy on you guys :laugh: In fact, I am pretty sure I was pretty rough in my post.

Oh well, if anything, you get some decent insight into your community, areas that can improve, which users to not grant access to, you know everyday stuff.

dotdan

And yes.. I swore at him because I've had bad experiences with bombastic narcissists before & IMO he really can (kindly) go **** himself.

That said, I challenge you and anyone to read through my comments above to decide whether I came on here being rude or bashing people for no reason.
Go on, do it, unless you delete this thread it's there for everyone to see.

Look I know you probably wont read this, but I really think you misread and over analyzed a response from PBCool. Whether you misread his comment or not, it still doesn't give you the right to talk to someone that way. It gives everyone a clear insight into your personality.

No, I won't delete the thread. Open for everyone to interpret and make own assumptions. This thread is also a good starting in my opinion for CI to get up and close with the customer. You will see, they will be the better for it.

Sargeant

I generally find that all those that get so agro on these threads have achieved very little in life and use social media to vent frustration at their own inadequacies.

@PBCool, as a business owner myself, I take my hat off to you for sitting around and even entertaining these babies. It's always those sitting in the stands that claim to be able to play better than those actually on the field!

Skywalker786

Expert Member
We are on the forum every day with our ears open, I don't quite follow your statement.

On a post with clearly quite a few unhappy clients, that was a Kak cocky response. Have weekly minor issues with CI, and have to be honest that response got my back up. Now I will make it a point to complain. Except a lot of issues happen after the call center is closed

Skywalker786

Expert Member
As much as I do agree with you that being abusive to the reps are wrong, I still hve to say that CISP has REALLY gone down hill...

It’s mainly their customer service... It’s horrible now! It’s stressful to even call them. They barely seem to want to help!

Just a few weeks ago, I made a ticket stating that my connection drops and I am without internet and then they tell me to do a speed test when it happens??? Really?! I then then to stop giving me a copy/paste answer and to read what I wrote for them to tell me that my line is up... I have no internet! I’ve been getting like 20 disconnects a day (I’m not even exaggerating), but they have the nerve to tell me that I’m wrong and I’m “imagining” that I have no internet.

The worse thing about this all is that we tell the reps here about this. They see it all the time. Next to all the abusive comments is constructive criticism which they can clearly see, but make no effort to work on resolving! And that’s what’s wrong with the company. Their internet is great when it works (which is barely now days), but that’s it. Every other service I pay for just stresses me out to even think about and it is the companies fault for doing absolutely nothing about it.

I am in Lonehill with exactly the same issues re connection drops. And every time I call in I get an impatient agent asking if I have reset the router first

under_sky

Expert Member
Must say i have been loving CISP, gotten them around 15-17 clients and 2 new ones extra at the end of Feb joining. The forum saves me when i have issues. their main problems i can attest to is the support taking so long to get you answers. They have got staff in there for a reason the CEO etc shouldn't be needing to handle things if it was all fluid although they take a different approach and give the super technical help which i love.

Placing orders for a new client can be a pain when they moving from one ISP to another often 2-3 phone calls are needed

Otherwise once you with them im all happy and get amazing usage and speed out of them

under_sky

Expert Member
I am in Lonehill with exactly the same issues re connection drops. And every time I call in I get an impatient agent asking if I have reset the router first
Would be nice if they can have the option on the call center are you stupid and need help with what plug you looking at or do you know your **** and actually need help

AfricanTech

Honorary Master

There's a trick I use for companies who allow you to log tickets

1. Log ticket via website
2. Insert all detail into ticket including steps already taken (steps are standard so it's a cut and paste)
3. If no response to ticket and I have to actually speak to someone, first thing I do is give the agent the ticket number and tell them to read the detail before asking me to do anything.
4. When they're done and go 'ah, er, it seems you've been through my boilerplate troubleshooting decision tree already' I politely ask for 2nd line support.

PS funny thing is sometimes going through the boilerplate before speaking to support sorts the issue

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
There's a trick I use for companies who allow you to log tickets

1. Log ticket via website
2. Insert all detail into ticket including steps already taken (steps are standard so it's a cut and paste)
3. If no response to ticket and I have to actually speak to someone, first thing I do is give the agent the ticket number and tell them to read the detail before asking me to do anything.
4. When they're done and go 'ah, er, it seems you've been through my boilerplate troubleshooting decision tree already' I politely ask for 2nd line support.

PS funny thing is sometimes going through the boilerplate before speaking to support sorts the issue

This is true, 90% of our calls are boilerplate issues. Client's where the CPE isn't powered, or there is a fault on the line or the ONT. Speed issues related to Wi-Fi, they've reset the router to defaults etc.

Our callcentre deals with these in quick fashion, and they're generally resolved quickly.

But sometimes the script, or the first line support person dealing with the ticket reaches a point where they are out of depth, e.g. routing issues, latency, etc. This gets passed on to 2nd line support, and even there, sometimes things fail, but even so, 90% of the further issues are resolved.

This is why @PBCool and I are here on these forums, we like to see where the failures are in our first and second tier support, so that we can improve our teams to deal with more complicated issues, and improve processes.

But if someone hasn't even bothered to take the effort of following process, and provide a ticket reference number, yet still come here to complain, then it's a problem, which is why @AfricanTech's strategy is entirely correct. Log a ticket -- don't get joy ? Escalate it to us....

This, is a never-ending feedback loop, and also why we appreciate the community in MyBroadband. Sometimes issues will get resolved by someone that's had the same issue just by saying "have you tried this?" before we even get to respond.

In this way, we've built a community that understands that me and @PBCool's presence on this forum does help to get things resolved, but that there is actually enough interest for a community to try and assist when they can, even though it's not their job.

We back this community -- we have taken FNO's to task for backhaul oversubscription (Octotel for example) and finally gotten matters resolved, and most of our customers stuck with us, because they saw us engaging and providing feedback, instead of just cancelling and going to another ISP where the exact same issues would prevail.

We will generally step in on any escalation, and drive it where we can, because it points out flaws in how the "regular" process has failed, but ideally we would've wanted our normal processes to be efficient ennough to get it resolved in time. MyBroadband and it's community is a "barometer" for us.

There is no "NOC" that @PBCool and I have to refer to when there are network issues, or any other person that we have to hide behind. We have the ability to directly intervene, and make changes, and take direct responsibility. There is no "layer" seperating our customers from MyBroadband, but for 90% of issues we do need that layer of the call centre and second tier support.

A lot of what is communicated about, and complained about in this forum goes directly to improve our operations.

@PBCool, and I are both directors of the company. We are both shareholders, and we have a vested interest in providing the best service we can. We have >70 staff that's meant to do all of this "for us", but sometimes things do fail and fall through the cracks.

But when it get's escalated here, and neither me or @PBCool resolves it, I can understand saltiness... I however don't believe that there is anything that was raised in these forums that wasn't resolved.

I have been on these forums since it used to be called MyADSL.co.za, and have been constructive in changing the monopolistic practices from back in the days of Sentech, to Telkom, ICASA and various other institutions for over two decades, by being an activisit, and a realist.

There is however one thing I won't tolerate, and that is plain simple mean-ness. Just because I'm a "company rep" doesn't mean I'm not entitled to call someone out, or be salty, when someone is being obnoxious, petulant, and unreasonable.

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Last edited:

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
It was a joke, wtf is your problem? Oh wait, this is what people refer to when they mention the rude one
The point was that you attacked someone about the spelling of their nickname, but you couldn't even be bothered to use the correct word. And there was certainly no smilies or LOL's from your side to even indicate it could be a joke.

RedViking

Nord of the South
One day we will all get together and have a lekker big group hug.