The Nicholas Ninow Rape Case and Trial

schumi

Honorary Master
'I trusted you with my child': Dros childminder felt like a failure after mom's words

The mother of a seven-year-old girl that Nicholas Ninow has admitted raping became "hysterical" when she could not see her child in the play area of the Dros restaurant, a witness said on Tuesday.
On Monday, Ninow pleaded guilty to accosting the girl when she went to the restaurant's bathroom on September 22 2018.
The trial is ongoing with the state leading its witnesses.
A former childminder at the Silverton Dros told the Pretoria High Court on Tuesday that she had been looking after the child and others in the kiddies corner at Dros. According to the woman, children occupy two kiddies corners at the restaurant. One accommodates 7-12 year olds and other accommodates 1-3 year olds.
Before children are allowed to play, their details are entered into a register and a sticker is placed on the child's chest, she said.
The victim and her mother got to the restaurant around noon. The mother was with two children; the girl and her brother.
Asked if she was working with another person in the play area, the woman said she worked alone but would, when she needed assistance, ask workers in the pizza section to look after the children.
"On the day in question, I did not ask anyone to assist me until I went for lunch at 4pm. There were still children in the kiddies corner.
"Before I went to lunch, the child requested to go to the bathroom.
"I asked the lady in the pizza section to look after the children. I told her I would take a 15 minute break," the woman said.
"The girl went to the ladies' bathroom and I proceeded to go to the back to have my lunch."
She said when she got back from her lunch break, she found the girl's brother seated alone while other children were playing. "I asked him why he was playing alone. He said his sister went to the bathroom."

More at:

Solarion

Honorary Master
Hope they lock this guy up for the rest of his natural days and throw key away. He's far too dangerous to ever be let out again and the next time he may just decide to add murder onto his score card.

Swa

Honorary Master
So apparently the girl won't take the stand. Sensationalist headlines again.

schumi

Honorary Master
Dros rape victim won’t have to relive trauma in court – NPA

The National Prosecuting Authority in Gauteng has set out to allay concerns about the 8-year-old victim, who is set to testify on Wednesday.

Family members and the entire society can rest assured that the purpose of calling for her testimony is not to place the complainant in a position where she has to relive the traumatic event, the NPA said in a statement.

“As the NPA, we already indicated that we reject the plea explanation by Ninow as it consisted of inconsistencies when compared to the version of the complainant during consultation with the prosecutor. Therefore, the sole purpose of calling the child victim to testify is to place before court, evidence that seeks to rebutt Ninow’s version regarding the sequence or chronological order of events leading to the gruesome violation of the her innocence.

“We are mindful of the fact that Ninow tendered a guilty plea in the count of rape and since this is not in dispute, there is therefore no need to place such evidence before court.”

The child victim will testify briefly via CCTV with the support of an intermediary and two court preparation officers have been allocated to the matter, the statement read.

More at: https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...ictim-wont-have-to-relive-trauma-in-court-npa

TysonRoux

Honorary Master
Dros rape victim won’t have to relive trauma in court – NPA

More at: https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...ictim-wont-have-to-relive-trauma-in-court-npa
I read the below article, which didn't have the detail that appears in the one you posted, and my first thought was WTF that's crazy, but seeing as she won't be exposed in a court room I'm a little more relaxed.

Rajah

Honorary Master
I like to say I keep my cool in other threads but not this one. I apologize I have to mention race in this thread because it has been so heavily politicized by politicians and used in such blatant hate speech against whites by them and in social media. Just imagine some poor innocent person gets hurts because of this hate speech. It's my moral obligation to point that out as I don't see this as a case of finding justice for the victim against a rapist but rather it has been turned into a case about politics by politicians to push a racist biased agenda against a group of people.

The outcome for Ninow rape case has never been in doubt. He will get max sentence.
The condemnation of him has never been in doubt. Everyone condemns him.

And by bringing it up constantly you are no better than them, using a child's rape for political gain. Despicable.

R13...

Honorary Master
I read the below article, which didn't have the detail that appears in the one you posted, and my first thought was WTF that's crazy, but seeing as she won't be exposed in a court room I'm a little more relaxed.

Makes sense as it sounds like this guy lied about encountering the girl in the bathroom as happenstance instead of earlier reports saying he'd followed her in.

skimread

Honorary Master
And by bringing it up constantly you are no better than them, using a child's rape for political gain. Despicable.
I clearly stated my motivations. Hate speech against a group leads to motivated violence against innocent people. I will point out that hate speech to prevent that. Call me the same as them I don't care. I go after them on social media too.

The last thing I am doing is using her rape for political gain. I clearly said he plead guilty and should get max sentence. That is the goal. The goal is not for a little girl to give the most graphic testimony to whip up the mob to create hate speech and intolerance against a race. You are falsely accusing me. There is no political gain in what I am doing.

Reactions: Swa

skimread

Honorary Master
Makes sense as it sounds like this guy lied about encountering the girl in the bathroom as happenstance instead of earlier reports saying he'd followed her in.
He is a psycho pedo drug using rapist. There is no point in trying to rationalize his behavior. He should get max sentence so the victim gets justice.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Fact is the only reason he is getting so much publicity is because he is white..... the journo's don't actually care they are maximizing clicks.

To a degree it's not even political it's yellow greed based economics.

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
Fact is the only reason he is getting so much publicity is because he is white..... the journo's don't actually care they are maximizing clicks.

To a degree it's not even political it's yellow greed based economics.
The reason that this is getting so much publicity is because of where the rape occurred and because it was a child who was raped. The incident received lots of attention when it happened, it would be silly of journalist not to follow up on what is happening during the trial.
Yes, journalist care about generating clicks or selling papers.

rambo919

Honorary Master
The reason that this is getting so much publicity is because of where the rape occurred and because it was a child who was raped. The incident received lots of attention when it happened, it would be silly of journalist not to follow up on what is happening during the trial.
And all the black children raped to "cure aids"? How many of those rapists received the same kind of personal attention?

Cray

Honorary Master
And all the black children raped to "cure aids"? How many of those rapists received the same kind of personal attention?

Have seen plenty of stories covering child rapists in this country over the years, do you have a particular case in mind where you felt the coverage was lacking?

rambo919

Honorary Master
Have seen plenty of stories covering child rapists in this country over the years, do you have a particular case in mind where you felt the coverage was lacking?
Let me rephrase, how many of these individual rapists received the same kind of personal attention as if the whole world has stopped turning (hyperbole I know) as this lone whitey gets?

In other words the priorities are all out of proportion depending on who commits the same kind of crime.

Lucas Buck

Expert Member

There are thousands of crimes that occur every day. Not every crime will make the newspaper. Many people don't want the media attention when affected by crime. This crime just so happened to take place at a well-known dinning spot so it will get attention.

If you feel so strongly about reporting regarding white perpetrators of crimes, why don't you start a thread about it rather than derailing this thread with your agenda.

rambo919

Honorary Master
There are thousands of crimes that occur every day. Not every crime will make the newspaper. Many people don't want the media attention when affected by crime. This crime just so happened to take place at a well-known dinning spot so it will get attention.

If you feel so strongly about reporting regarding white perpetrators of crimes, why don't you start a thread about it rather than derailing this thread with your agenda.
And why would it be a derailment if it directly impacts this specific case of reporting?

As you say there are "thousands of crimes that occur every day", the minority committed by whitey gets center stage and eclipses the majority.

Cray

Honorary Master
Let me rephrase, how many of these individual rapists received the same kind of personal attention as if the whole world has stopped turning (hyperbole I know) as this lone whitey gets?

In other words the priorities are all out of proportion depending on who commits the same kind of crime.
True but I guess it's also about a uniqueness factor, crimes committed by rich or relatively well off people tend to get a lot more attention even in the United states... Am guessing it's a similar thing here, assume this guy has a decent upbringing (or at least that is the perception of a lot of people) so I guess there is a sense of morbid curiosity that we don't have for the average case.

Rajah

Honorary Master
I clearly stated my motivations. Hate speech against a group leads to motivated violence against innocent people. I will point out that hate speech to prevent that. Call me the same as them I don't care. I go after them on social media too.

The last thing I am doing is using her rape for political gain. I clearly said he plead guilty and should get max sentence. That is the goal. The goal is not for a little girl to give the most graphic testimony to whip up the mob to create hate speech and intolerance against a race. You are falsely accusing me. There is no political gain in what I am doing.

I'm sure Malema and Steve has also their motivations. Doesn't make them any better. In this thread, you are using the rape of a child to make a political point.

It has been said many times, this gets attention because it happened in a family restaurant, most people in this country has been there some time or the other so it gets attention because of that. His skin colour has little to do with that except to some black and white racists on the internet.

rambo919

Honorary Master
True but I guess it's also about a uniqueness factor, crimes committed by rich or relatively well off people tend to get a lot more attention even in the United states... Am guessing it's a similar thing here, assume this guy has a decent upbringing (or at least that is the perception of a lot of people) so I guess there is a sense of morbid curiosity that we don't have for the average case.
So to you news is more about entertainment than being informed?

EDIT: Sorry did not mean to poke at you personally. I guess to most people news actually is more about morbid entertainment.

Last edited: