The Nicholas Ninow Rape Case and Trial

rambo919

Expert Member
OK I will wipe race from my mind as if I live in a western country where everyone is equal in front of the law and not being used by politicians and social media.

My next post I will post like this is my first post in this thread and I am colour blind.
Finally you get it, Feels>Reals

skimread

Executive Member
Hey guys I have been living in Antarctica for 18 months and just came back to South Africa and see this story is all over the news.

From my understanding:
A pedo plead guilty to rape saying he used his finger to rape a little girl and put his thing in her mouth.
Now they want her to testify live in court a year later. Since he plead guilty surely a transcript of what she said to the social worker should do. I don't see any reason why she should relive the ordeal one year later. For her to be asked one year later is really wrong in my mind as it will traumatize her. Also a year in a 7 year olds life is a lifetime and her memory won't be as good as the statement she made a year earlier. What are your guys thought?

I hope he gets the maximum sentence. he is one sick human being.

PS. I wonder why so many people and politicians are emotive about this one case when the criminals MO is not really reflection of the common scourge of rape is penetrative sex where the little girls can't walk afterwards or they are killed afterwards to cover-up the crime which is currently plaguing the country.

Craig

Honorary Master
:rolleyes: I would laugh normally at the stupidity if it was not for the fact that this is actually a serious subject. Anyway, as you were.

skimread

Executive Member
hey guys I saw the following tweet on social media just before he pleaded guilty.

Why do nearly 1000 people like the tweet? I don't understand.
The news article link clearly says:
The accused, who cannot be named until he has pleaded, has been charged with rape, assault, kidnapping, defeating the ends of justice and possession of an illegal substance.

I can make the assumption that she makes a mistake by not reading the article or understanding SA's laws but I don't understand why so many people retweet it or liked her tweet?

skimread

Executive Member
hey guys I saw posts on social media asking why this case is not trending on social media.

Lots of people share the view of it not trending looking at the number of retweets and likes.

Why is the case not trending on social media?

truman19

Hey guys I have been living in Antarctica for 18 months and just came back to South Africa and see this story is all over the news.

From my understanding:
A pedo plead guilty to rape saying he used his finger to rape a little girl and put his thing in her mouth.
Now they want her to testify live in court a year later. Since he plead guilty surely a transcript of what she said to the social worker should do. I don't see any reason why she should relive the ordeal one year later. For her to be asked one year later is really wrong in my mind as it will traumatize her. Also a year in a 7 year olds life is a lifetime and her memory won't be as good as the statement she made a year earlier. What are your guys thought?

I hope he gets the maximum sentence. he is one sick human being.

PS. I wonder why so many people and politicians are emotive about this one case when the criminals MO is not really reflection of the common scourge of rape is penetrative sex where the little girls can't walk afterwards or they are killed afterwards to cover-up the crime which is currently plaguing the country.
Never go full retard

Swa

Honorary Master
I'm sure Malema and Steve has also their motivations. Doesn't make them any better. In this thread, you are using the rape of a child to make a political point.

It has been said many times, this gets attention because it happened in a family restaurant, most people in this country has been there some time or the other so it gets attention because of that. His skin colour has little to do with that except to some black and white racists on the internet.
It's not the first rape to occur at a restaurant. It's not the first child rape. The EFF and BLF specifically used the fact he's white for their own political gain and now the NPA is using this for some grandstanding as well. So you can't claim it has no effect and people shouldn't be quiet about it.

Craig

Honorary Master
Yeah I guess so. I read many racists get banned on twitter like Milo Yiannopoulos.

I have just reported these ones to twitter.

I wonder how long it will take for twitter to ban them.
That's a good start, I'd do the same but I don't go to that part of twitter, don't want to risk getting whatever derangement any of them has.

Craig

Honorary Master
It's not the first rape to occur at a restaurant. It's not the first child rape. The EFF and BLF specifically used the fact he's white for their own political gain and now the NPA is using this for some grandstanding as well. So you can't claim it has no effect and people shouldn't be quiet about it.
I am not aware of any child that has been raped in a family restaurant before this, that would be very shocking if true. You obviously can verify/prove this?

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Yeah I guess so. I read many racists get banned on twitter like Milo Yiannopoulos.

I have just reported these ones to twitter.

I wonder how long it will take for twitter to ban them.
Milo dates back guys idiot, like, are in voluntary relationships with them or probably married done by now. Unless of course you're saying he's getting a kick out of bedding the very thing he's openly revolted by..?

John Tempus

Expert Member
Milo dates back guys idiot, like, are in voluntary relationships with them or probably married done by now. Unless of course you're saying he's getting a kick out of bedding the very thing he's openly revolted by..?
But twitter says Milo is a racist. The facts about his everyday life does not matter if the twitter police decided he is guilty.

Get in line peasant. :p

And yes his husband is black, god damn Milo is such a counter revolutionary racist to do that. :)

skimread

Executive Member
I was referencing the reason why twitter banned him. Twitter banned him for "inciting or engaging in the targeted abuse or harassment of others". Twitter didn't ban him for his preference in sleeping partners.

skimread

Executive Member
I am not aware of any child that has been raped in a family restaurant before this, that would be very shocking if true. You obviously can verify/prove this?
I also don't know a story where a child was raped in a well known restaurant in South Africa.
Rapists don't usually do it out in the open.

The closest case I know of was when Mandela's grandson was charged with raping a 15 year old girl in a Shebeen.
Just recently a post office employee raped a student in the post office.

Craig

Honorary Master
I also don't know a story where a child was raped in a well known restaurant in South Africa.
Rapists don't usually do it out in the open.

The closest case I know of was when Mandela's grandson was charged with raping a 15 year old girl in a Shebeen.
Just recently a post office employee raped a student in the post office.
Yeah, I think he is just making sht up now. Which is also the reason why this thing exploded like it did.

Swa

Honorary Master

And you still go on with the skin colour thing, it doesn't matter what the colour of the kid is, whether that kid was pink, purple or navy, it doesn't matter. Do you think if a black male rapes a white kid tomorrow in the spur it will get any less attention than this? It won't. It will also be made about colour by racists yes. This country seem to be overrun with racists, especially if you look at twitter and MyBB.
Triggered much? The fact you're not getting here is that it does matter because it matters to nutters like the EFF and BLF. So now you're saying we should just ignore their racist rants even though they're the ones with the law on their side and instituting even more laws. It wouldn't matter to us if it wasn't for things like BEE, EWOC, and having a large following that will trash shops but the fact is they do.

There have always been crimes that capture the imagination of the public while similar horrific crimes go unnoticed. You gripe seems more to do with other peoples reactions on twitter rather than the actual reporting of this case.
Only because they are usually unusual. Crimes that are horrific or high profile usually make the news. Only in SA will something make the news because of skin colour. Henry was an exceptionally brutal case and the fact it was his parents and sister. A politician killing his wife would be high profile why Boris and his gf even just arguing made the news. A regular woman screaming at police is nothing exceptional. Sorry to have to say it like this but unfortunately a girl getting raped and rape in a restaurant toilet is quite common so there's nothing to justify the attention it's getting.

skimread

Executive Member
Yeah, I think he is just making sht up now. Which is also the reason why this thing exploded like it did.
Yes I had the same argument with someone who was complaining about press coverage. They were saying school children the same age are being raped walking home every day and hundreds of little kids and toddlers get raped in their own homes by family members every year. All with little or no press coverage. I told him that it's the parents fault for not making sure their kids are safe. He then countered saying what about the little girl who was reported raped by the school bus driver a few days after the Ninow rape. Why was there no outrage? Why was that not covered by all news agencies or in television news? I told him clearly. Can the bus driver cook up a mean steak and onion rings? He just looked at me and left defeated.

Last edited:

Craig

Honorary Master

Triggered much? The fact you're not getting here is that it does matter because it matters to nutters like the EFF and BLF. So now you're saying we should just ignore their racist rants even though they're the ones with the law on their side and instituting even more laws. It wouldn't matter to us if it wasn't for things like BEE, EWOC, and having a large following that will trash shops but the fact is they do.

Only because they are usually unusual. Crimes that are horrific or high profile usually make the news. Only in SA will something make the news because of skin colour. Henry was an exceptionally brutal case and the fact it was his parents and sister. A politician killing his wife would be high profile why Boris and his gf even just arguing made the news. A regular woman screaming at police is nothing exceptional. Sorry to have to say it like this but unfortunately a girl getting raped and rape in a restaurant toilet is quite common so there's nothing to justify the attention it's getting.
And there goes your whole agenda down the drain. That kid is white, yet, no outrage.

WRT to the rants from the racists, it gets them attention, the media laps it up, it gets them clicks because idiots such as you and me reads their BS and argue about it. Not much we can do about that anyway besides trying to vote them out. And by bringing this discussion into this thread we are acting no different to them.

Yes I had the same argument with someone who was complaining about press coverage. They were saying school children the same age are being raped walking home every day and hundreds of little kids and toddlers get raped in their own homes by family members every year. All with little or no press coverage. I told him that it's the parents fault for not making sure their kids are safe. He then countered saying what about the little girl who was reported raped by the school bus driver a few days after the Ninow rape. Why was there no outrage? Why was that not covered by all news agencies or in television news? I told him clearly. Can the bus driver cook up a mean steak and onion rings? He just looked at me and left defeated.
I mostly agree on that. I see small kids walking alone and playing on busy roads every day. Negligent parents that should all be flogged in the town square.

Swa

Honorary Master
And there goes your whole agenda down the drain. That kid is white, yet, no outrage.

WRT to the rants from the racists, it gets them attention, the media laps it up, it gets them clicks because idiots such as you and me reads their BS and argue about it. Not much we can do about that anyway besides trying to vote them out. And by bringing this discussion into this thread we are acting no different to them.
Disagree with you on that. They already made it about race. If we don't point it out they'll continue to do so without obstruction. So will you be ok if something worse happens because of it like someone being killed because they're white and identified as a rapist? It must be fought and if we don't do it no one else will.