The official running thread™

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Turned out to be a great weekend of running

Friday - 5km
Sat - 10km
Sun - I was following the pack and missed the 15km turn so did 20km instead (surprised I don't feel like death today).

I also finished listening to a really great audiobook called "born to run by Christopher McDougall". I think there is something in his story for every runner and gives a lot of motivation if you are interested you can listen to it here https://goldenaudiobooks.com/christopher-mcdougall-born-to-run-audiobook-free-online/, Download "audible" sign up for a free month get a free credit (use it for the book) then cancel your subscription, torrent it or buy it (haha).

Pretty cool audio book to pass the time in your ears when letting the KM's pass as its 12 hours long.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Turned out to be a great weekend of running
Yep same here :cool:

Friday's charity run they messed up the turn lap for the first few runners so we ended up doing 7k's. The rest of the field ended up running 9k's. The first runner got totally messed up and ended up doing around 12k's.

Saturdays PR was 25:23

Sunday's 12k trail run was 1:08:22.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Yep same here :cool:

Friday's charity run they messed up the turn lap for the first few runners so we ended up doing 7k's. The rest of the field ended up running 9k's. The first runner got totally messed up and ended up doing around 12k's.

Saturdays PR was 25:23

Sunday's 12k trail run was 1:08:22.
Good time on that 12km run! I had a 14km trail on Saturday and it took me over an hour and a half. Mind you, it did include a particularly nasty climb :oops:

Screenshot_20190812-144719_Strava.jpg

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Good time on that 12km run! I had a 14km trail on Saturday and it took me over an hour and a half. Mind you, it did include a particularly nasty climb :oops:
I was totally pissed that I forgot to start map my run at the beginning. Also expected a killer hill at the end but they changed the route on the day.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
5km @ 27.10 :D was a rough run considering I have been slacking so much, even the pooch was tired on the last km

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Ended up with 23:54. Extended route was 9.22k's in 46:54.

Was really enjoying the the run until some d00s accused me of being a bad sport when i overtook him. Just under a k off the finishing line o_O

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Ended up with 23:54. Extended route was 9.22k's in 46:54.

Was really enjoying the the run until some d00s accused me of being a bad sport when i overtook him. Just under a k off the finishing line o_O
huh, what a po3s, i pass okes in the final 100m

ChrisJ

Good morning out yesterday leading the front crew of the UTCT Table Mountain recce. The recce was quite an eye opener for a number of the runnersScreenshot_20190818-102331.jpeg

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Been away this last week on the Durban south coast but managed to sneak in a few runs before the sun came up on the beach :)

Did the Uvongo Park run with a PB of 24:01, which is better then my best JHB time by 2 mins. Gonna say it was the coast air and 90% of the track was flat but going to be a long time before I can beat that time.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Yesterday's TR was 11k's in 1:06:01. Hectic 2k climb back to the end.

Also my first stream crossing in a TR. Not fun running in wet shoes :ROFL:

L-Dog

Anyone know where you can change a Garmin Vivoactive 3 battery in Gauteng ? I assuem Sportsman's can help but they will probably send it away which will take way to long