The official running thread™

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Very respectable 15km in 1 hour 22mins on Sunday considering the amount I drank the night before.

This weekend I'm doing the https://www.mrltevents.com/post/arnold-chatz-piesangkloof-winter-trail going away for the weekend with some friends and we are all competing, its bittersweet for me because 3.5 months ago when we planned this was when I started training.

Are there any cool races for the 3rd or 4th of August in the JHB area because I haven't really planned past this.
xD

Sugarman

Making Sugar
Tried a run yesterday afternoon, the last time I have gone for a run was in January
Tried to take it easy and slow. Walked quite a lot though.
Need to build up to start doing the park run around here.
Try another run this afternoon.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Tried a run yesterday afternoon, the last time I have gone for a run was in January
Tried to take it easy and slow. Walked quite a lot though.
Need to build up to start doing the park run around here.
Try another run this afternoon.
really not a bad time considering you walked a lot

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Completed my first trail run at piesangskloof this weekend.

Didn't quiet know what I was getting myself into, damn that was a tough but really had a good time.

Why do they call it trail running its trail climbing/walking with an occasional jog, makes road running look easy. Big up to you guys that do that every weekend.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Completed my first trail run at piesangskloof this weekend.

Didn't quiet know what I was getting myself into, damn that was a tough but really had a good time.

Why do they call it trail running its trail climbing/walking with an occasional jog, makes road running look easy. Big up to you guys that do that every weekend.
Welcome to the dark side. You'll like it here. Yeah, there are loads of times (yesterday being a prime example) where walking is your only option. This was the profile of the 12.4km run I did. Deceptively tough with several climbs.

Capture.JPG

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
PR was 24:04. Still waiting for official time on yesterday's 10k trail. Should be around 1:02 mark.

/edit

Results are in. 1:00:22. Sub 60 so close and yet so far lol

Last edited:

Claymore

Executive Member
On Saturday I tried Bosmont parkrun again, and this time managed one second slower than my all-time Parkrun PB. So close!

It's been a good month though - broke my 10km PB, did it again the week after, broke my 15km PB, and came within a second of my Parkrun PB.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
Decided to join you and give this week a skip :oops:
O no I'm in the same boat.

I've been super sick with flu and did something to my hip on the trail run, while I'm down I'm working out all the niggles I had in my legs with two trips to the chiro and one to the physio.

Have a whole new training routine for once the flu clears up though.

jouda

Expert Member
I need to shift my focus from swimming and cycling soon. Ive entered the gunrun in October. It will be my first 21.

September is going to be a hectic month, 1 Triathlon, and two cycling races, so Im not sure how to approach the running training.