The official running thread™

zmme

I ran about 50 times around the house this morning in 30 min, hopefully getting my Vitality 300 points (Vitality is not syncing with Suunto, probably because of the WACS cable break).
What a schelp...on the bright side just in case you haven’t seen the weekly goal has dropped to 300 now. So at least you’re all set for the week if you get the points.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
I ran about 50 times around the house this morning in 30 min, hopefully getting my Vitality 300 points (Vitality is not syncing with Suunto, probably because of the WACS cable break).
Thought about doing that... but I get around 130 meters and with all the around and around I will get dizzy and fall down :ROFL:

Claymore

Executive Member
What a schelp...on the bright side just in case you haven’t seen the weekly goal has dropped to 300 now. So at least you’re all set for the week if you get the points.
Yep, got them :) Now I must try the stationary cycle.

Thought about doing that... but I get around 130 meters and with all the around and around I will get dizzy and fall down :ROFL:
Mine's even shorter, probably 50-60m. I had to be careful, dashing up narrow outside passages and through the garage, with stairs. GPS is drastically inaccurate; I should rater use treadmill.

jouda

Expert Member

Simple follow along runners workout.
Eish I though I was in decent shape until I joined teh wife to do some pushups and planks. Bloody hell 4 sets of 30 second planks and it feels like I have been punched in the kidneys, repeatedly, by Mike Tyson.

So Ill just sit on my indoor trainer and Zwift.

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Eish here I am bitching about not being able to run around the yard :oops:

A South African couple who ran a marathon on the balcony of their Dubai apartment, streaming it online, plan to take the project global to help people shake off the coronavirus blues.
Elisha Nochomovitz, a 32-year-old who lives near the French city of Toulouse, ran a marathon on his balcony which measures just seven metres.

wise_guy

Expert Member
Eish I though I was in decent shape until I joined teh wife to do some pushups and planks. Bloody hell 4 sets of 30 second planks and it feels like I have been punched in the kidneys, repeatedly, by Mike Tyson.

So Ill just sit on my indoor trainer and Zwift.
I see Strava had exploded with it. Might become the new normal - and less cycling on the roads.

jouda

Expert Member
I see Strava had exploded with it. Might become the new normal - and less cycling on the roads.
I have one major issue with Zwift, its like a mmorpg but you have to pedal a bike to get exp. My body is not happy, but Im trying to get enough points to buy a new frame on Zwift :p

Claymore

Executive Member
I used my never-used indoor trainer yesterday. Ouch. I think the resistance setting is broken, because it only has a medium setting. I felt like I was dying, and was taking a break after every 20 seconds. I was pouring with sweat after 30 min, absolutely shattered, and despite that, my average heart rate was only 118. I think this is where my muscles need to get the hang of it before my cardio gets stressed.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
I did a 2km run around my yard that is one of the hardest things I have ever done, instead I changed to the stationary bike and have been doing weights for the last week.

Not quiet the same rush I get from running but at least I'm keeping semi fit and keeping me from going to the fridge again.....

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
Going to be trying to do an Ultra around my living room tomorrow. I've worked out that it's about 930 trips from my couch down to the bedroom and back; a round trip of 60m. Dumbest thing I've ever done but hey...
Good Luck! Have seen folks do it on balconies etc so you should be fine. Crazy but fine lol

Most I've done yet is 65 laps around the yard which is about 7.5k's

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Good Luck! Have seen folks do it on balconies etc so you should be fine. Crazy but fine lol

Most I've done yet is 65 laps around the yard which is about 7.5k's
Yeah, nice. Feet and ankles take a hammering but I should be ok. No cutoff times to worry about, haha.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Tried running at home up and down driveway for the running world cup. I am not as good as you okes, however d o normally run 5km in 32 mins (does include some walking)

Noticed that doing the driveway loops, my Garmin underreports my distance. Tells me I am doing 1km in 10 mins which is wierd. I have a feeling the GPS is not working out that I am moving ?

Anyone noticed this?

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
Tried running at home up and down driveway for the running world cup. I am not as good as you okes, however d o normally run 5km in 32 mins (does include some walking)

Noticed that doing the driveway loops, my Garmin underreports my distance. Tells me I am doing 1km in 10 mins which is wierd. I have a feeling the GPS is not working out that I am moving ?

Anyone noticed this?
When you turn, is it like on a point or are you doing a big loop?