The official running thread™

Re-did the 10K that I had wanted to do on Thursday which rained out and became a 7K.

This time, I got chased and stung by bees at 8K, so I paused for a moment to make sure I wouldn't die and then continued to run the remaining 2K and still managed a decent time and pace.

IMG_681488788107.jpg
PNG image.png
 
Yeah, my dad is highly allergic to bees so I wasn't sure how the stings would affect me... I'm still alive :p
Yeah alright, the situation could have been worse.

Well done for slogging through it. I would have stopped and made my way home, awarding points to Mother Nature for this round.
 
A proper hill climb at the Langeberg sky race this past Saturday. It covers the Arangieskop hiking trail in Robertson, 22k with 1900m climb (and descent). Never ending climbing with a technical and damp descent. My quads have yet to forgive me but so much fun.

View attachment 1361523

View attachment 1361521

Beast! That looks about as tough as the Helderberg Mountain Challenge. Such massive vert over a relatively short distance. Maxirace was only 1350m over more than double that distance and that left me panting at the end!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X