The official running thread™

I messed up. Planned on taking things slow and easy during my long run, with all the walk breaks I might need to ease my foot back in.

None of that happened. Instead I got carried away on the downhills and ended up doing a 21.25 km run. Aside from the odd twinge foot felt fine during the run. Only afterwards the pain set in and I'm back to where I was. Might regret it even more tomorrow.

Goal [1:45:00@141 bpm]: 21.25 km / 2:10:44 / 6:09/km Avg Pace / 152 bpm Avg HR
1751130760903.png
1751130870672.png

Whoops.
 
No one here likes the brand except me 😕

Thanks picked up a pair today. Asics is the brand that works the best for me been using the nimbus since 15 (man they were ugly). Just wish I could find some of the racing shoes on sale / factory shops. Think I might just buy a pair of the magic speeds once I have enough discovery miles.
 
I messed up. Planned on taking things slow and easy during my long run, with all the walk breaks I might need to ease my foot back in.

None of that happened. Instead I got carried away on the downhills and ended up doing a 21.25 km run. Aside from the odd twinge foot felt fine during the run. Only afterwards the pain set in and I'm back to where I was. Might regret it even more tomorrow.

Goal [1:45:00@141 bpm]: 21.25 km / 2:10:44 / 6:09/km Avg Pace / 152 bpm Avg HR
View attachment 1831230
View attachment 1831231

Whoops.
Yeah, my foot DEFINITELY did not like this.

I've got some nice bruising and swelling just below the ankle bone. Guess there's not running for me next week. :(
 
I messed up. Planned on taking things slow and easy during my long run, with all the walk breaks I might need to ease my foot back in.

None of that happened. Instead I got carried away on the downhills and ended up doing a 21.25 km run. Aside from the odd twinge foot felt fine during the run. Only afterwards the pain set in and I'm back to where I was. Might regret it even more tomorrow.

Goal [1:45:00@141 bpm]: 21.25 km / 2:10:44 / 6:09/km Avg Pace / 152 bpm Avg HR
View attachment 1831230
View attachment 1831231

Whoops.
Slow and easy and you end up busting a 21km :oops: Jirrre boss
 
For an actual event but it is still in a while so have some time.

No vok man it's not Comrades. Go out and do it. You'll have a blast!

And once you realise most of the field will finish behind you it will make you realise your time is pretty good and you've only just started
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X