The official running thread™

So did you? Did you run?
A teeny tiny bit. I wanted to test how it would feel with the ankle brace on so I went for a walk and ran for a 400m stretch.

1751819698129.png

Foot felt fine during that bit. Will see how it feels tomorrow morning. So far it's still only slight discomfort when rotating foot in circles.

If it holds out fine. I *might* be getting some new shoes to try tomorrow afternoon, which would be a golden opportunity to do an actual run.

And stop being a bad influence on me and leading me into running temptation. Do you know how tough these last 7 days have been?
 
A teeny tiny bit. I wanted to test how it would feel with the ankle brace on so I went for a walk and ran for a 400m stretch.

View attachment 1832836

Foot felt fine during that bit. Will see how it feels tomorrow morning. So far it's still only slight discomfort when rotating foot in circles.

If it holds out fine. I *might* be getting some new shoes to try tomorrow afternoon, which would be a golden opportunity to do an actual run.

And stop being a bad influence on me and leading me into running temptation. Do you know how tough these last 7 days have been?
New poomah's? Magnify nitro 3's?
 
New poomah's? Magnify nitro 3's?
No. I don't think I need that when I have the MagMax. Was very tempted to get more Velocity Nitro 3s in the colourways that are phasing out, but that would be really excessive.

Ended up ordering a pair of New Balance 860v14 to give a try.
 
Nice! Next time those run/walk numbers will be reversed and steadily getting smaller on the walking side.
I decided to redo the couch25k run on flatter terrain. The parkrun is just two long murderhills with cliffs between them.

1751908673471.png

Program was 5 walk, 20 run, 5 walk.... and I only ****ing went and did it!
(The extra 10 minutes of walk time was getting home after the program finished... so I think I can actually claim run more than walk this time round!)
 
New shoes arrived. Don't know if Puma spoiled me, but they seem very stiff in comparison. I think it might be due to the plastic plate it has for the stability. Definitely not the stiffness my injured foot needs right now. Grabbed the MagMax instead for my test run.

Run was a bit of a failure. I still have too much comfort where I'm actively aware of it during the run. Walking for a bit helped and then during the end of the run the discomfort was almost unnoticeable, but I think I have to forget about running for now and see how things feel over the weekend. Discomfort seems to be deeper at the ankle bone now, not on the outside of the foot. Might still be inflammation in the deeper tissues there.

1751909456996.png
1751909348443.png
 
I decided to redo the couch25k run on flatter terrain. The parkrun is just two long murderhills with cliffs between them.

View attachment 1833084

Program was 5 walk, 20 run, 5 walk.... and I only ****ing went and did it!
(The extra 10 minutes of walk time was getting home after the program finished... so I think I can actually claim run more than walk this time round!)
Awesome! Well done.
 
Had a very good run at the MacMac Ultra this past weekend, it was Farking cold..

My primary objective was to avoid cramps, which have crept in over the last 2 years, never really had issues before that.

I realised that I secrete a lot of salt in my sweat (after some runs my whole forehead is covered in salt), so I put in a lot of emphasis to increase sodium intake in the week leading to the run, as well as during the run (alternated between Cramp-Assault and Salt-Tabs every 50min). Great success, no cramps at a fairly good pace, I am happy to have marginally figured out the cramping.

Spent about 53min at the aid-stations, taking photos and swimming, need to reduce that going forward.

1752063729445.png
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X