South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
May I ask what happened to your knee ?Well worth the effort and early morning start. The only real pain I got was km 16 or 17. There was a serious down hill, which wasn't fun on the knees. Slowest km of my race.
May I ask what happened to your knee ?
So did you? Did you run?Weather has improved greatly today so I'm really tempted to go for a run and see how it goes.
I take a gel every 30 minutes. I use the cheap non caffeine ones from biogen. Or I make my own using packs of jelly.Ya 5-6 for a marathon
1st question has @Scooby_Doo used gels during training ? Otherwise your looking for trouble if you try it on race day
Yeah, thats a nice one. The first time I ran sub 80 minutes for the half marathon was on that route.6 years after my knee op, finally did it.
It is. You should run it next year.I’ve seen videos about this race, it looks beautiful!
A teeny tiny bit. I wanted to test how it would feel with the ankle brace on so I went for a walk and ran for a 400m stretch.So did you? Did you run?

No money after upcoming surgeryIt is. You should run it next year.
Mybb group forming?It is. You should run it next year.
Can you keep up? Then yes.Mybb group forming?
New poomah's? Magnify nitro 3's?A teeny tiny bit. I wanted to test how it would feel with the ankle brace on so I went for a walk and ran for a 400m stretch.
View attachment 1832836
Foot felt fine during that bit. Will see how it feels tomorrow morning. So far it's still only slight discomfort when rotating foot in circles.
If it holds out fine. I *might* be getting some new shoes to try tomorrow afternoon, which would be a golden opportunity to do an actual run.
And stop being a bad influence on me and leading me into running temptation. Do you know how tough these last 7 days have been?
No. I don't think I need that when I have the MagMax. Was very tempted to get more Velocity Nitro 3s in the colourways that are phasing out, but that would be really excessive.New poomah's? Magnify nitro 3's?
I decided to redo the couch25k run on flatter terrain. The parkrun is just two long murderhills with cliffs between them.Nice! Next time those run/walk numbers will be reversed and steadily getting smaller on the walking side.



Awesome! Well done.I decided to redo the couch25k run on flatter terrain. The parkrun is just two long murderhills with cliffs between them.
View attachment 1833084
Program was 5 walk, 20 run, 5 walk.... and I only ****ing went and did it!
(The extra 10 minutes of walk time was getting home after the program finished... so I think I can actually claim run more than walk this time round!)
Nooo it's more cushioned
