The official running thread™

Does the pram slow you down at all? Assume it must, at least a little?
This is the pram in question - if im not mistaken about 8KG and my little guy is almost 12kg so I am assuming 20kg must slow me down a little :) ESPECIALLY when there is wind. Its not designed for running but the front wheels lock and its a comfortable run anyway

1776259930168.png:

 
This is the pram in question - if im not mistaken about 8KG and my little guy is almost 12kg so I am assuming 20kg must slow me down a little :) ESPECIALLY when there is wind. Its not designed for running but the front wheels lock and its a comfortable run anyway

View attachment 1901158:

I used to run a lot with my youngest, our pram clocked up many kilometers

My favourite thing was to overtake people (without prams) on the uphill's :)
 
I used to run a lot with my youngest, our pram clocked up many kilometers

My favourite thing was to overtake people (without prams) on the uphill's :)
oh 100% we listen to the Wellerman sea shanties - nothing like a musical pram with a lively shouting 1 year old flying by you :)

Ran into a race a few weeks back as they run through our neighborhood often and we over took soooo many ppl was loads of fun weaving through the race with the little one
 
This is the pram in question - if im not mistaken about 8KG and my little guy is almost 12kg so I am assuming 20kg must slow me down a little :) ESPECIALLY when there is wind. Its not designed for running but the front wheels lock and its a comfortable run anyway

View attachment 1901158:


I have been using the Thule Glide for runs with the little one but seems to get bored after 30 minutes, how do you keep him/her busy ?

My biggets issue with the Thule is the Seat is slighlty back so might need to look at a small pillow or something/
 
I have been using the Thule Glide for runs with the little one but seems to get bored after 30 minutes, how do you keep him/her busy ?

My biggets issue with the Thule is the Seat is slighlty back so might need to look at a small pillow or something/
Our little guy is a year now since last week been doing pram runs since he was 8 months and 4km daily pram walks since 5/6 months.

I find the music helps a lot, read somewhere babies love Wellerman so that plays on the runs I also give him/snacks/water bottle and have a few attached toys to the hand rest usually keeps him happy for 1.5 hours or so.

I think its a baby temperament thing he loves outdoors so I have it easy in that regard.
 
Our little guy is a year now since last week been doing pram runs since he was 8 months and 4km daily pram walks since 5/6 months.

I find the music helps a lot, read somewhere babies love Wellerman so that plays on the runs I also give him/snacks/water bottle and have a few attached toys to the hand rest usually keeps him happy for 1.5 hours or so.

I think its a baby temperament thing he loves outdoors so I have it easy in that regard.
+1 on the snacks. I used to pack small little tubs of peanuts, pretzels or dried fruit (whatever I could get my hands on), and would hand it to him half-way through the run - almost like a small in-flight snack :ROFL:
 
+1 on the snacks. I used to pack small little tubs of peanuts, pretzels or dried fruit (whatever I could get my hands on), and would hand it to him half-way through the run - almost like a small in-flight snack :ROFL:
love it! just change up the inflight entertainment :P

Have no idea how long this is going to last so I make the most of our runs on the weekend.

Also gives my wife some free time for at least 1-1.5 hours
 
Our little guy is a year now since last week been doing pram runs since he was 8 months and 4km daily pram walks since 5/6 months.

I find the music helps a lot, read somewhere babies love Wellerman so that plays on the runs I also give him/snacks/water bottle and have a few attached toys to the hand rest usually keeps him happy for 1.5 hours or so.

I think its a baby temperament thing he loves outdoors so I have it easy in that regard.

Yeah same goes well for the first 20-30 minutes then looses focus and says he wants to go home. WIll definately try the music that might help, snacks and water alreayd part of the routine but if I could just bump up my run to 1 hour it would be great.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X