The Proteas - Our Team!

The Aussies are here in three days for the a 3 match T20 series. Any point in starting a new thread for it or should we just discuss it here?
 
The Aussies are here in three days for the a 3 match T20 series. Any point in starting a new thread for it or should we just discuss it here?



Start a new thread. Its the Aussies for crying out loud......


there will enough banter for a a whole new thread
 

Explains why he does so well in the sub-continent...positive attitude.

I prefer bowling on low, slow wickets here in India as opposed to bowling at the WACA, where there is big pace and bounce and where, if a guy hits it, the ball goes for four. Here I know my economy rate is going to be low; I am going to have the possibility of getting the ball to reverse; it is going to squat; I can bowl those fast cutters; I can have guys catching at short midwicket, short cover; I can bowl straighter lines. Maybe at the WACA, you have to bowl slightly outside off stump.
 
Cricket South Africa will not be allowed to host or bid for any major international tournaments after failing to meet transformation guidelines. South Africa's sports minister, Fikile Mbalula, imposed the sanction after receiving the annual transformation report from the eminent person's group (EPG), a ministerially appointed independent committee. The same punishment was meted out to the rugby, athletics and netball federations, and the decision will be reviewed next year.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/1003263.html

Not this shyte again.

:mad:
 
No more hosting tournaments. So Bi-lateral series should be fine but three teams or more might be prohibited.


Not true. They are not allowed to bid for events for a year. No more hosting of events is just a lie dude
 
Not true. They are not allowed to bid for events for a year. No more hosting of events is just a lie dude

It will be reviewed annually and they won't be able to bid for events if things haven't changed much. So it's not just a one year thing as it can continue for a long time.

I can see the impact on young white kids playing cricket at club level just giving up on going pro with stuff like this. The talent pool will diminish as fewer kids will pursue cricket professionally.
 
It will be reviewed annually and they won't be able to bid for events if things haven't changed much. So it's not just a one year thing as it can continue for a long time.

I can see the impact on young white kids playing cricket at club level just giving up on going pro with stuff like this. The talent pool will diminish as fewer kids will pursue cricket professionally.

CSA nearly hit their target though. 55% as apposed to 60% player of colour representation. So, they will be fine by next year. It's SARU that's quite far from meeting their own agreed targets
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X