The RAIN has dried up

ngoni615

Good day @rain_mobile @rain_networks,

I stay in Plakkie street in Toekomsrus Randfontein. I have noticed that my Internet connection with rain.co.za (Rain) is only going at 1 to 2 Mbps download and a crazy 50 to 60Mbps on upload and this is quite infuriating. At the time when I first started using rain in my home, I would reach speeds of 20 to 40 Mbps on download. At this moment in time that is not the case. I went and ran a speed test next to the Network Antenna Station near number 6 Plum Street. An found my speed test was receiving around 30 Mbps download and 30 to 50 Mbps upload. Rain's antenna is not far from my home (2/3 minute walk up the road) but it seems that the reception is very bad as though I am far out of range. The upload that I am getting is at the speed of 30Mbps. This leads me to believe that rain is throttling my service which was never indicated in my contract. My download speed is at a low of 2Mbps, and rain is insuring that they get more customers onto this Network and not maintain the network infrastructure. Therefore feeding their own pockets. Please help in FIXING THIS ASAP!! We are forced to work from home in this time of crisis and RAIN is not helping us. You expect us to pay 250 per month for this type of service. We know very well that the infrastructure accommodates high Upload delivery, why are you not providing the same for the Download Speed. COVID19 is here and working from home is a necessity for safety as well as survival. How are we expected to provide for our families. NOW GIVE US SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY WORKS.
You must be new.... oh yes u are. Welcome to the club!

XSlabsX

Good day @rain_mobile @rain_networks,

I stay in Plakkie street in Toekomsrus Randfontein. I have noticed that my Internet connection with rain.co.za (Rain) is only going at 1 to 2 Mbps download and a crazy 50 to 60Mbps on upload and this is quite infuriating. At the time when I first started using rain in my home, I would reach speeds of 20 to 40 Mbps on download. At this moment in time that is not the case. I went and ran a speed test next to the Network Antenna Station near number 6 Plum Street. An found my speed test was receiving around 30 Mbps download and 30 to 50 Mbps upload. Rain's antenna is not far from my home (2/3 minute walk up the road) but it seems that the reception is very bad as though I am far out of range. The upload that I am getting is at the speed of 30Mbps. This leads me to believe that rain is throttling my service which was never indicated in my contract. My download speed is at a low of 2Mbps, and rain is insuring that they get more customers onto this Network and not maintain the network infrastructure. Therefore feeding their own pockets. Please help in FIXING THIS ASAP!! We are forced to work from home in this time of crisis and RAIN is not helping us. You expect us to pay 250 per month for this type of service. We know very well that the infrastructure accommodates high Upload delivery, why are you not providing the same for the Download Speed. COVID19 is here and working from home is a necessity for safety as well as survival. How are we expected to provide for our families. NOW GIVE US SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY WORKS.
I had amazing speeds for 2 months with rain... I had the uncapped packages and will 98% of the time reach my capped speed and I was happy this past 4 days I can't work can't watch anything until 11pm then is suddenly works you can clearly see they are throttling a person. If I use my vpn my speed increase from 0.30mbps to 1mbps. I'm so disappointed in @rain_networks. And the worst part I praised about them at my neighbour now I look like a fool because know they are wasting there money on you.