The RAIN has dried up

Assasin_Zer0

Honestly , Not much if rain doesn't sort out it's network, So at the moment you'd have a R3,086.00 paper weight ,
so the only benefit would be a more expensive paper weight than the one you have now .

It's suppose to be better depending what bands are supported , i tried doing a quick search but i couldn't see much ,
I'm not sure how accurate this is .
Features und Eigenschaften des Huawei B818-260
Hersteller und Typenbezeichnung:Huawei B818-260 (Gigacube CAT19)
Chipsatz:HiSilicon Balong V7R65
LTE-Kategorie:bis LTE CAT19
Downloadrate bis:1.600 Mbit/s
Uploaddrate bis:150 Mbit/s
unterstützte LTE-Bänder [info]:700, 800, 900, 1500, 1800,
2100, 2600, 3500 MHz
abwärtskompatibel zu:GSM, EDGE, HSDPA, DC-HSDPA
Support von LTE-Advanced [?]:ja
MIMO Support:ja, MIMO 3x3
Anschluss für externe Antenne:ja, 2x TS-9

I see it does have 1800\2600 According to this . But i would do some research first .

Rain runs on B3 1800 and B38 2600

OfentseIOP

There is something i dont understand ,

1. How are they going to offer a guaranteed standard package ?
2. What changed , it used to work ?
3. How is elevation an issue now ? (Unless i picked up my house and moved it )
4. Tried moving the router yesterday (I keep Latching on to the tower 2.4km away and not one of the 2 closer ones)
They recently put a feature on their website called “Optimise” for you to see which tower feeds your simcard signal... I see I’m not alone with a far away signal, far away tower.
0756EE9D-34FE-467A-8DF8-987B8D71FCBE.jpeg

"D"

Expert Member
@rain_networks Have you tried turning the towers off and on again?

(If not yet, Eskom is happy to take that task off your hands - check their latest press release for updates about that offer.)

Last edited:

Jono_jt

Wow i am rather shocked at how many people in Centurion area are having 4G "Drizzle" Problems. I lived in Wierda Park, and used Rain Fixed Wireless and the mobile 4G and got 60mbps on a Bad day and close to 90mbps on a good day. My friend who still lives daar still uses his Fixed wireless 150gb rain package and due to rain making plenty bucks and not spending on making the tech stuff better and faster to keep us customers happy i heard he gets on a good day 10mbps!

Maybe all the people of Rain should go toytoy by rains head office when uncle willem rose is there so he can maybe maybe like the cANCer help us, lmao

skeptic_SA

Executive Member
Was considering their R900 per month 5g offer for us here in Bedfordview. Decided to check on some FB groups about Rain performance and everybody says the same this. Rain was great. Now it's severe Drought season. Both in terms of speeds and communication from the ISP.

koogs

Hi HashiraMadara,

Please can you drop us a DM with the email address linked to your account so we can further investigate your query?

Regards,
rain_mobile

This is all the support you get from Rain. Thereafter it all disappears into any abyss.

On surface it appears that they are acting quickly and attending to queries as they arise. But the feedback thereafter is almost non-existent...... I am talking from my experience with their support via the website and via the rep on MyBB.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
This is all the support you get from Rain. Thereafter it all disappears into any abyss.

On surface it appears that they are acting quickly and attending to queries as they arise. But the feedback thereafter is almost non-existent...... I am talking from my experience with their support via the website and via the rep on MyBB.
Hi koogs,

We are really sorry to hear that this has been your experience however we are still awaiting a response from you for details requested on the 10th June 2020. Please respond to the email with the information requested so we can further our investigations?

We look forward to assisting you.

Regards,
rain_mobile

IceQB

Expert Member
They recently put a feature on their website called “Optimise” for you to see which tower feeds your simcard signal... I see I’m not alone with a far away signal, far away tower.
View attachment 862841
I've tried pointing my extenal antenna to the 3 towers in area.
It just sticks to the same **** tower.
@rain_mobile @rain_networks Has rain locked our sims to certain towers?

koogs

Hi koogs,

We are really sorry to hear that this has been your experience however we are still awaiting a response from you for details requested on the 10th June 2020. Please respond to the email with the information requested so we can further our investigations?

We look forward to assisting you.

Regards,
rain_mobile
What details did you request? All I received was a mail asking me to rate your service.

You can DM me with the details requested.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I've tried pointing my extenal antenna to the 3 towers in area.
It just sticks to the same **** tower.
@rain_mobile @rain_networks Has rain locked our sims to certain towers?
Hi IceQB,

We do not lock our sims to a specific tower. With a reset and repositioning of the device, you will be able to connect to your closest tower. Please also bare in mind that elevation and distance to the tower also play a major role in where you are able to connect.

Regards,
rain_mobile

Fjorko

Expert Member
Hi IceQB,

We do not lock our sims to a specific tower. With a reset and repositioning of the device, you will be able to connect to your closest tower. Please also bare in mind that elevation and distance to the tower also play a major role in where you are able to connect.

Regards,
rain_mobile
I have a fix for that. Add more towers. Thank you.

ghostRgg

@rain_mobile would it be possible to have any kind of bonding available for those that want to mess around with both the R250 sim and the 24/7 sim?

IceQB

Expert Member
Hi IceQB,

Regards,
rain_mobile
Strange, I took my B525 for a drive.
Park right in front of tower it would not connect to, rebooted & still would not connect to said tower. @rain_mobile